You have to....

(Diana's POV)

I was freaking out. He had told me about this nonsense last night and I had not believed him. Who would for God's sake? And yet here I was, in the exact same spot I had been last night and I was no longer feeling the joy, the joy of his body over mine. My heart sped faster, my body produced sweat like I was showering with it. The fear was real. So many things had happened in the last few days, one would think I'd get used to it by now. I'd gotten used to the idea of shadows, I'd gotten used to this alternate reality, but this was too much. This was like claustrophobia, the feeling that I was trapped in a scene that repeated itself. Never getting out, never moving on.

"How many days has it been for you?" I blurted out. I was longer questioning this nightmare. I was living it. The last thing I remembered was feeling angry at him. Then the screams had come. I'd been scared. True. But, now I was even more so.

"My fourth time."

"Do you know how to stop it?" I could imagine it, the endless streams of nights and mornings, a retelling of the same story with no end. The worry settled like an avalanche of rocks in my stomach.

"No, not yet. I feel like I need to learn about the shadows and until that happens, I'm stuck. Now we are stuck." He laughed, it was not the sound of joy. "I still don't know much about them. I thought it was the blood sharing but it didn't work. I don't fancy the possession myself."

"Was I possessed before?" I didn't remember, I didn't want to remember and now I would. Being possessed over and over again....And to remember it all. The thought was damn scary.

"Yes."

"How does it feel?" I swallowed with fear. "Does it hurt?"

He was silent. That said it all.

"Look, it's not a nice feeling, but at least we are not possessed for long. Because believe me, there is no fighting them. And, the loop is the only reason we still remain ourselves. That's important."

He was right, I needed to hear that. Being unpossessed was a priority and we would find a way out, wouldn't we?

"But now, we need to get out of here before Belle comes," he said.

Wow, so one of the recurring themes was Belle. How nice! I certainly didn't want Belle snatching him, not after last night. Though I was furious with him, he was not going to cheat on me. Period. So, I didn't second him. We went to the kitchen, there was a certain safety in knowing how things would play out, I guess. We went back to the pantry, closed the door and started waiting for her. I leaned towards him, his arms came from behind, resting on my stomach. The intimacy of last night accentuated the feel of his touch, the warmth of his body. Memories rushed forth. I stopped them, we had things to settle. His words were hard to forget. Whatever ...

Though I knew things were repeating itself, it still was a shock to hear Belle call his name. "Samuel?"

Footsteps. And then she was here. Calling out again. The scraping sound of the chair being pulled from the table. The sound of her sitting down. The sound of her unsaid desperation. I understood it. It scared me. Would I be in that situation someday seeking his attention? If the callous King didn't admit to any feelings, yes possibly. Last night had affected me very deeply. This was not like any other activity you did every day, like washing your face, eating or sleeping. There was nothing ordinary about it, though I knew people had sex regularly, for me, this was ...well it was unique, it was intimate, it was like there was no me or him anymore, but us. We had become one, in body, thought, and soul. That's how it felt.