our little family || Dick Grayson

Warning(s): N/A

::

At first, you never thought that you'd have a family of your own. A little family of your own, you honestly thought that you would die alone. Marrying Dick had blessed you with a little bundle of joy, she is such a cute, innocent little child. You love her as much as you love Dick. She is a little angel in both yours and Dick's heart, there is no one second where you didn't smile.

Little giggles echoed throughout your house, tiny yet rapid footsteps drawing nearer and nearer before finally, a small figure appears. You paused your cutting for a moment and take a look at your daughter, she has a smile that resembled Dick's, both of them have such lovely smile that always affects you.

"Mama!" The little girl chirped, a bluebird plushy caged tightly in her small yet strong arms. Her dark hair was a total mess, her pajama shirt was buttoned in wrong ways. She approached you after grabbing a stool, climbing up and watched you with focused (E/C) eyes.

"Hey, princess." You smiled down at her, bending down slightly, pressing a kiss to her forehead before you continued your cooking. "How was your nap?"

"I dreamt about you and papa." She stated proudly, getting down the stool to place her plushy on the dining table then back, her small hands reaching up to get her favorite bowl from you.

"Oh, really?"

"Mhm," she hummed, sitting herself down on the table. You hadn't realized how big she has become, she rarely needed yours or Dick's help with eating anymore because she preferred to do it on her own. "Papa kicked bad guys' asses that wanted to hurt you and me!"

You almost dropped the spoon from your hand, you glanced at her who was smiling innocently. Clearing your throat, you turned off the stove, making your way over with foods in your hands before taking a seat by her side.

"Honey? Who taught you that word?" You asked softly as you placed some strawberries in her bowl along with her favorite food on a different plate.

She scooped one spoonful of her favorite food, practically shoving it into her mouth messily which made her look like a starving chipmunk. "Uncle Jay says it a lot." She answered with her mouth half full.

Her answer caused you to sigh deeply, of course, Jason sometimes had no filter when he talks. You told Jason to be careful with his words when your daughter was nearby but he always forgot and you couldn't do anything about it.

You soon began to eat as you watched your daughter sloppily feeds herself, the way she eats was the total opposite of you and Dick, she probably picked it up from one of the boys. Another pair of footsteps pulled you out of your thoughts, Dick walked towards the both of you. His hair was sticking out in every direction, his exhausted blue eyes lit up at the sight of you.

"Hey babe." He greeted, placing a lazy kiss on your lips as he took a seat beside you.

"Ew!" Your daughter squeaked, she was in the middle of shoving another strawberry into her mouth. Her brows furrowed as she made a disgusted face, slowly pushing the entire strawberry that was as big as her fist into her mouth.

Dick chuckled while you smiled, your husband moved to sit by your daughter's side. She was struggling on chewing the huge strawberry in her mouth, you could see her little teeth trying to crush the strawberry.

"You can't eat all of that!" Dick playfully scolded, he managed to get his fingers on the strawberry. Attempting to get it out of your daughter's mouth which was hard because she kept on giggling and turning her head away. "Spit it out."

She muffled out a no, still trying on chewing the fruit in her mouth as she slapped Dick's hand away. After a couple of minutes, she finally finished the strawberry, giving you and Dick a toothy grin that showed her reddened teeth.

"I finished it!"

"Drink your water." Dick handed her sippy cup which she gladly took and loudly sipped her drink. He sighed but smiled anyways before standing up, he stretched his sore muscles, rubbing the rest of the tiredness off his eyes. "What time is it?"

You glanced at the clock, "almost nine, why?"

"Oops, I almost forgot I have a patrol with Bruce tonight!" Dick gave you another kiss before getting ready for his patrol, you heard him took a quick shower while you do the dishes with your daughter's help.

Dick still went on patrol, getting the bad guys behind bars even though Bruce suggested him to spend more time with you and your daughter instead of putting his life in danger. He agreed at first but then a thought of his daughter living in a place full of dangerous people made him went on patrol more often, he had talked it out with you. You agreed with a few exceptions with one of the main ones being not getting hurt too badly.

"Mama, Papa's going to kick some asses!" Your daughter dragged you out of the kitchen towards your small living room where Dick was putting on his domino mask.

"Who taught you that word, sweetie?" Dick asked, kneeling in front of the little girl with a serious look on his face.

She raised her eyebrow, now confused why did her parents ask her that. Twice. Yet she still responded with the exact same answer nonetheless. "Uncle Jay says it a lot."

Just like you had expected, Dick sighed, he would definitely have a talk with Jason tonight. He pampered the little girl's face with small kisses as she squealed out a laugh, doing the exact same thing to her father's face before Dick stood up, giving you a hug and another short kiss for the night.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

He then let go of you, placing his gloved hand on your daughter's head, ruffling her dark hair causing her to pout and reached her hands up to fix her hair. "I'll see you two later."

"Papa be careful!"

Dick gave her a thumbs up before jumped out of the window.

"Papa is soooo cool." She said dreamily, "I wanna have a boyfriend like Papa."

You only laughed in response. Dick wouldn't let that happen, not yet.