Memories - Zelda

Please forgive me that this is so late ('Д`人)

I've been back at school and just really busy with life and things, plus I've been sorta uninspired, but I finally got it done, so please enjoy 人*'Å`)

Requested by mikasascarf

My friend Link and I were awoken from a long dormant sleep of 100 years three months ago. Unfortunately, we lost our memories due to the slumber, but slowly we are regaining them. Most of the locations that we've been to have been to were places we were all those years ago with the princess and her two accompanied knights: Link and I.

Sometimes, late at night when I have trouble sleeping occasionally, I feel like a small voice in the back of my head almost comforts me. It's a familiar voice. A little different to Zelda's, but a similar ring.

We've freed all four Divine Beasts and completed all the shrines we can. It's time for us to face Ganon. Pulling up at Hyrule Castle, I feel plagued with random memories. It's a similar way that Link said he felt when he drew the Master Sword.

All the memories in common have the same blond girl: Zelda. It's either the two of us alone or with Link. A growing determination sets in, making me head into the gates of Hyrule Castletown, Link directly behind.

Guardians are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. There are some turrets that I've decided that freak me out slightly. Their eyes give me the creeps. But I shoot them as Link chops off the legs of a different Stalker.

"Oi, the gates are clear!" Link calls as I finish picking up screws and springs the Guardian Turret dropped.

"Let's go,"

As we draw nearer to the castle, the atmosphere drastically changes. The once blue sky now red with fast blowing clouds, as though they too were trying to flee far away from the Calamity and Hyrule Castle.

Finally looking upon the castle, a memory floods back to my mind; a stronger one than the last.

-Memory-

"It's a bit of a shame that Link couldn't make it. He said the King wanted him to help select some new recruits for the Hylian Army," Zelda says as we exit the gates to castle town. "But sometimes it's really nice just the two of us,"

"Yeah... Is there anywhere in particular you would like to go? I want you to just forget about this power for a day. It'll just be a relaxing day. The King doesn't have to know, and it's just us," I smile in reply. It's about midmorning, the sky a bright blue with the odd dusting of clouds. Castle Town is bustling with the regular chatter and buskers. Once everyone realizes that the princess is passing through the town, they immediately crowd away into huddles, allowing space for us to get through.

A few gossipers point and stare at the princess. I can feel her aura tensing up, so I place my hand on her shoulder, relaxing her.

"Don't worry about them," I say quietly to her. "They're not worth your time."

Zelda turns around with a face faint with worry."(Y/N), can we take another way, I don't want to draw attention."

I nod and take her hand, drawing her out in a different direction towards Hyrule Ridge. Waiting outside the gates of Castle town is Zelda's white horse and my horse named (Horse name).

"It's about midday now. Hopefully we should make it to Satori mountain by afternoon," Zelda states once she's comfortable on her horse, allowing me to mount mine. She looks very beautiful just sitting on her white horse with her golden hair blowing in the wind. But I shake my head, snapping me out of my thoughts.