Chapter 13 "Why do I Care?"

David Fisher as Christian Evans

Alexander's POV

It's been  a week since Sophie has joined and i have to say I'm really impressed. She is good at her work.

She is punctual and takes her work seriously and that's one of the qualities I admire about her.

Everybody knows her and is warming up to her slowly. Many guys are also becoming friendly towards her. Very friendly.

Don't ask me how i know it...I just do

Of course they would try to hit on her, she is so beautiful. But I hate it.
I don't know why but I don't like the idea of some other guy talking to her or getting close. I just...don't.

But I can't blame them really. She doesn't even try to seek attention it's just her natural charm that draws everyone to her.

She has the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen. Her milky skin, that cute little nose her cheeks...

God...Her blushing cheeks..

Her cheeks turn slightly pink when she blushes or is embarrassed and it's the cutest thing i probably have ever seen.

And those lips...

Those luscious, full, pouty lips. I bet they tast-

I was interrupted from my ungentlemanly thoughts by the sound of someone bursting through my office door.

I'm sure my face showed exactly how annoyed I was at them for bursting in my office without knocking and interrupting me from my daydreaming session.

I looked at the person and it was...Christian.

Not Christian grey you dirty minded people!

Christian Evans. My business partner and childhood best friend. We've been friends since kindergarten . He is a really trustworthy guy and I know I can always count on him. We got each others back.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"Why are you being so rude? We are best friends right? "

He said with a fake hurt expression and just plopped on the chair in front of my desk. Very comfortably  may I add.

Drama queen...

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour and just shook my head. There's no point arguing with him anyways.

I looked at him and smiled extra sweetly. And asked in a sweet sarcastic voice

"What brings you here, best friend?"

He smirked.

"Nothing just wanted to visit my best friend! "

He said in a high pitched girly voice.
I made a face but there was a small smile on my face.

"Seriously, Chris if you are her just to be a pain in the ass then leave already"

He chuckled and said

"I was here to tell you about the deal with Brown. Corp. You know the one with the oil factories? "

"Yeah what about that?"

"I know you want make deal with them and now they agreed . They are meeting us this friday. I just wanted to inform you."

The Brown. Corp. Are huge chain of oil companies in North America and are very famous and powerful. Of course not more powerful than mine but I want to make a deal with them which can give us a huge profit.

I have wanted this deal from the last two months and looks like they have accepted to meet me.

I smiled at him and said

"That's great. Finally that guy came to his senses and decided to give it a chance."

"Yeah. Make sure you don't lose this deal because of your stupid assistant."

I laughed at his comment. He doesn't know that I already have a new assistant who is a whole lot better than than my last one.

"I already fired her. I have a new assistant now."

He looked at me for a second and asked suddenly

"Wait...the pretty girl,brown hair and green eyes, the innocent looking one is your new assistant?"

He asked in a tone which i can only describe as surprised.
I instantly recognised that the girl he was talking about was Sophie.

"Yeah...why?"

I looked at him suspiciously.

"Damn... she is hot. Where do get all these sexy assistants from? Please tell me. Do you have her number?"

All humour left my mind at that single comment.

"Hey...watch your mouth. She is nothing like my other assistants. And stay away from her, like far away."

He looked at me weirdly for a few seconds before a big ass smile crept on his face. Like really big. You know the Cheshire cat? Yeah, like that.

Oh no...And that's never a good sign

"Why do you care?" He asked while pointing a finger in my direction.

That's the same question that's been disturbing me.

Why do I care?

"Because she is my assistant and I don't want you distracting her from her work by calling her constantly. It won't be good for the company." That's not a complete lie. I don't want her to be with him. Or anyone for that matter.

Except me

What the hell?! Where did that thought come from. I seriously need to get my shit together.

"Whatever you say."

Christian replied smiling with amusement in his eyes clearly not believing my lies.

Finally after a lot a talking, bickering and teasing , he decided to leave.

I don't have any problems with him visiting it's just that he likes to ruffle my feathers. A lot.

But even after he left his question kept bugging me,

Why do I care?

AN:
I think possessiveness is SEXY!
What do you guys think?

Thank you lovely readers for the 26k reads!❤❤
And I apologise for the lazy updates.
Do you guys like this book so far?
Let me know what you think about it.❤❤