Chapter 2.2: Home

After finishing his assignments, Kaiden continued to play with Byul. Showing the puppy around the small home his family owns. This is actually a house his mother inherited from her parents. With how poor his family is, where would they get the money to buy a new one right? They were only able to sell their home in Germany in 5 digits. It's just enough for the cheapest flight ticket to Korea at that time.

"Byul, look. Youngsun-hyung got me this." Kaiden exclaimed and showed the current one of the largest plushies he owns right now.

"Even though we've only known each other for a short time, Youngsun Hyung is really nice to me," Kaiden said with a blush forming on his cheeks, and if you looked carefully, you would notice how red his ears are

Kaiden had always admired Bae Youngsun. Who wouldn't? He's always at the top of his class with his high grades, the President of the Student Council, and a responsible good looking boy. 

Kaiden knew that what he feels is not a simple kind of admiring someone. He now knows his sexuality. At first, he was scared when he found out how his heart would beat fast when a handsome guy like Youngsun approach him.

He opened it up to his parents, questioning himself as he knew it wasn't normal. In their small town, it's always been a woman is for a man, and a man is for a woman.

But after coming here to Korea, it became normal even though it shocked him. 

He also found out that Youngsun-Hyung is actually bisexual. He opened up that he dated both boys and girls in High School. Through Youngsun, he also met another senior then. Youngsun's straight bestfriend, Lim Seunwoo. He was another guy Kaiden had gotten close to. Unfortunately, he hadn't seen him for a long time as he went to the U.S for college and went with the self-given name Steve Lim. 

Sometimes, it makes him sad how Bonhwa-Hyung doesn't like Youngsun-Hyung and Seunwoo-Hyung. Even though Bonhwa-Hyung doesn't say it, he can feel some dark aura surrounding Bonhwa-Hyung whenever the two approach or greet them.

After all, they are the people Kaiden likes. So it would be nice if they could like each other too.

"Let's feed you some dinner now," Kaiden mumbled as he carried the obviously tired puppy.

They went to their small kitchen which also has the dining table. Reaching the kitchen, he saw how his family is already eating. They're also about to finish.

Kaiden had noticed how growing up, he's slowly being left behind. It seems that his family is starting to forget him or not include him. This all happened after coming out of the closet.

While carrying the dog, Kaiden opened one of the cabinets and completely ignored his parents. Taking out the bowl for Byul and the Dog Food his Hyung gave him along with the dog bed.

"Kaiden." His father called him making Kaiden stop what he was doing.

"Why don't you sleep at Bonhwa's house?" Kaiden's whole body froze after what he said.

"After all, that young boy has no one that lives with him." He knew it was just an excuse to throw him out.

"Yes, poor Bonhwa. He gave you a lot of things, right? You should at least repay what he does for you." Kaiden looked down as his mother included herself.

"Okay, tomorrow I'll sleep at his house," Kaiden mumbled.

"Be nice to him. He's the one paying for your school tuition. You know, that we can't send you to a private school. Your sisters can only go to public one, you're lucky to have Bonhwa as your beneficiary." His mother added.

"Yes, mom." He answered and got out of the kitchen with Byul's dog food.

Kaiden can't help but feel guilty again. Bonhwa always gives him something. He'd always say he just wants the best for him and doesn't ask for anything.

He should be nice to Hyung and obey everything he says. Because at his situation right now, that's all he can do.