18. Jealous

"How was the party?" Mom asked as she poured herself some coffee.

"It was a lot of fun, actually," I replied, spooning another bite of cereal into my mouth.

After Vivian dragged Miles off to see a "real doctor" I thought about leaving myself. I didn't know anyone there and I looked foolish in what was supposed to be a couple's costume. Cameron convinced me to stay since he was stuck there with his younger brother, Ryan.

The night turned out to be a lot of fun, despite the whole closet incident. Cameron made it fun by coming up with a drinking game. Every time we saw someone dressed as a Disney character we took a "shot" of fruit juice. Instead of getting buzzed we both ended up with purple tongues and an angry Mrs. Moore who was pissed at us for drinking most of the juice boxes.

"Good." She smiled, joining me at the island. "That Miles is cute."

"Mom, please," I groaned. That was the second time she said that. And after the date comment she made last night it felt like she was not-so-subtly hoping I'd add a romance to my plans

I decided not to tell her that Miles left early with another girl. It was hard for me to even get my head around. Why'd he leave with her when he was supposed to be there with me?

"What? He is," she shrugged, laughing. "You want me to take you to school? I have the morning off."

Shaking my head "no", I finished off the rest of my breakfast before grabbing my school bag and leaving out the door.

When I got onto the bus, Riley waved me over. I took the seat next to her and she smiled at me, her copper eyes sparkling innocently.

My brow raised at her. "Uhm... why are you looking at me like that?"

"The girl's and I were talking and we think the fund raiser should be a fashion show." Her smile grew as she watched m expectantly.

"A fashion show?"

She nodded. "It's perfect! You can design some things and we can sell them to the highest bidder."

The idea of people bidding on my creations made my skin hot. Yet there was a small part of me that loved the idea.

She must've taken my silence as reluctance, quickly adding, "It was just an idea. You don't have to if you don't—"

"I'll do it," I cut in. I needed something to occupy my mind other than boys who didn't know difference between a girlfriend and a girl friend.

"Really?" Here eyes brightened and she looked like she holding back a Kimber-like squeal. "We were about to draw straws to figure out which one of us had to sell a kidney," she laughed. "What made you change your mind?"

Before I could think up a little white lie, Riley held up her palm, shaking her head. "It doesn't even matter," she said, pulling out her phone. "I'm just glad you said yes."

By the time we made it to school Riley had already notified the girls that I agreed to do the show.. Kimber and Jem were in front if the school where the bus dropped us off.

The moment I stepped off  I was being pulled into a hug by Kimber (who actually did let out a squeal). She had a lot of strength for a tiny girl.

"This is going to be amazeballs!" she said, finally releasing me from her grip. "We have to tell Mrs. Hawk. But first we have to get permission from the principal. That's if we even have it at the school. Oh my gosh! What if we had it at June's? Or at—"

Kimber's tangent came to an end when Jem clamped her hand over her mouth.

"The show is going to be a lot if work," Jem said and Kimber silently nodded. "If we want the new uniforms in time for basketball season, we'll have to work fast."