XIV • Leiutenants Assemble

"You are one crazy whore," Paula blurted as Daphne rifled through her drawer for a pair of black skinny jeans.

The blonde barked a laugh. "Thanks, bitch," she replied good naturedly, still riding the adrenaline high from her induction into the Saviors.

"How long have you known about Dwight?" Arat crossed her arms and leaned against the bunk. The three girls were alone in the recruit barracks, having escorted Daphne to get dressed for her lieutenant initiation.

"A while," she admitted vaguely, sliding into her jeans. She pulled on her knee high combat boots and set to lacing them up tight. She didn't know what this initiation was going to entail, but she figured dressing for agility and function was the way to go.

Arat didn't look impressed. "And you've been sitting on it all this time?"

"I needed proof," Daphne said, and stripped off her grey tank, letting her ample breasts fall free.

Paula blushed slightly and averted her gaze, but the cinnamon skinned warrior didn't bat an eye. She still had her work face on, that stoic mask that would strike fear into the hearts of Negan's enemies.

Luckily for Daphne, she wasn't Negan's enemy.

"A fresh recruit making claims about the First Lieutenant and First Lady?" She raised an eyebrow as she shrugged into a sports bra. "And to whom? It's not like I could just make an appointment with the Big Boss. Then, two days before my interview I get my proof. And before I can decide how to go forward, the Big Boss has me dragged out of bed by my hair at the ass crack of dawn. So yeah, I sat on it." She rolled a skintight burgundy tank top over her torso and turned to Arat. "Do you distrust me now? Because the statement I wanted to make was that I'm loyal to the cause. Which I assumed both of you are as well."

"'Rat is just salty because she didn't figure it out first," Paula teased with a wry smile, and her coworker punched her in the arm.

"It just seemed a little... theatrical." Arat pursed her lips.

"Theatrical?" Daphne snorted. "Have you met Negan?"

When Daphne entered the front courtyard, she was greeted by the man himself, lieutenants fanned out around him in a semicircle on either side

When Daphne entered the front courtyard, she was greeted by the man himself, lieutenants fanned out around him in a semicircle on either side. He faced her with a relaxed lean, Lucille on his shoulder, lopsided grin on his ridiculously attractive face. No wonder the guy had five wives.

"Interview, induction and initiation all before lunch!" Negan bellowed. "You are breaking fuckin' records, doll."

Daphne smirked at him, providing the perfect chance for Colin to snap a photo from the sidelines. History in the making and all that.

"No hidden weapons on that tight fuckin' body of yours?" Negan's eyes raked over her form and she fought a blush, feeling naked.

"I considered it," she said wryly. "I weighed whether you would be more impressed by resourcefulness or my ability to follow orders, and decided on the second thing."

"Shit, you are intuitive, doll." He laughed. "Turn around."

Daphne complied, and gooseflesh rippled down her arms at the feel of his hands grasping hers. Negan's calloused fingers were surprisingly gentle as he wrapped a length of soft rope around her wrists.

His hot breath grazed her ear as he stroked her bound hands. "This one's from my private collection." His low husk made her clench and unclench her fingers, and he chuckled.

Arat and Paula shared a glance and Daphne scowled at them, cursing her hormones. She turned around, as steadily as she could, and looked up into Negan's amused amber eyes.

Her lips curled into a grin. "Is my initiation a gangbang?"

"That would be one hell of an initiation!" He waved Simon forward and the moustached man gave her a shove towards a waiting jeep. He opened the back door and before she could even attempt to climb in unbalanced, Simon grasped her waist and lifted her into the seat.

"You're stronger than you look, stick man," Daphne joked as she settled into a bit of a forward lean.

Simon rolled his eyes. "You're heavier than you look, fatass." He climbed up beside her, and she tried to bump him back out with her shoulder to no avail. Paula slid into the seat on the other side, laughing, and Arat took shotgun.

Negan started the jeep and Crazy Train blasted out of the speakers. He threw a wild grin back at Daphne as he slammed into gear, and they sped off into the morning sun.

The half an hour in the jeep almost felt like a pre-apocalypse joyride with friends, save for the fact that Daphne's hands were bound and the smattering of walkers that drifted about

The half an hour in the jeep almost felt like a pre-apocalypse joyride with friends, save for the fact that Daphne's hands were bound and the smattering of walkers that drifted about. The loud music made them turn around and amble after the vehicle, and she had a feeling that was on purpose.

They drove into a field, and parked about 500 feet away from a thick forest. Simon was fairly gentle lifting Daphne from her seat, and she turned to face a smiling Negan.

"You excited?" he drawled, spreading his hands.

She raised an eyebrow, noticing a length of black cloth in his hand. "Aren't you supposed to ask me if I'm scared?"

"Nah, you showed me those beach ball sized lady nuts of yours this morning." Negan stepped close to her, speaking as he circled her. "Now we get to see how you fuckin' perform."

Daphne took a deep breath as he covered her eyes with the cloth, tying it around the back of her head.

"You have a weird idea of foreplay," she said, and he barked a laugh.

"Just wait until the main fuckin' event, doll," he said huskily. "I guarantee you're gonna love it." He slid his hands down from the knot to her shoulders, firmly massaging the back of her neck with his thumbs.

She couldn't help but notice how skilled his hands were.

"But for now," he said, letting go of her, "you gotta pass initiation." He circled around to the front again, and she heard shuffling.

She assumed the others were near too, though farther away, and in the distance she could hear groans. Walkers. These guys were hardcore.

"You will stand here and not move a fucking muscle until you hear the signal," Negan instructed, "and then you'll find the jeep, and find each of us shitting damsels, and bring us all safely home."

"Oh, is that all?" Daphne asked sarcastically, a little shell shocked.

"Well you also have to not fucking die." She could almost hear the smirk on Negan's face, and she wanted to punch him again.

"What's the signal?" she asked, instead.

He laughed, and she heard him get back in the jeep. "Would take the fuckin' fun out of it if I told you!"

"See you on the other side." Paula patted the blonde's shoulder, and she heard all of the other doors slam shut a moment later. They sped off, cutting the music.

Daphne let out a ragged breath and strained her ears, hearing the snarls of the walkers in the distance. Heart pounding, she stood stock still, waiting and listening.

CRACK!