Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I've been staring blankly for more than thirty minutes. Kanina pa akong gising pero hindi pa ako bumabangon sa loob ng aking tent.

I knew this was an act of laziness and unproductiveness. But I have this urge to stay inside this tent and think.

What happened last night? Pilit kong inalala ang nangyari kagabi, nag inuman kami, nagkwentuhan, tumitig sa mga bituin at nagkaroon ng kaunting usapan.

Biglang bumalik sa alaala ko ang mga salitang binitawan ni Commander kagabi.

The moment his hands held mine and his soft lips touched my skin, I felt the strangest feeling I had ever experienced. It was like a sudden volt all over my body, a feeling of tension, nervousness, and uneasiness that left me frozen. Making me stare at his deep blue eyes without making any movement.

I have never been kissed before, not on the lips, cheeks, or even on the back of my hand. No man dared to come and approach me after I had learned how to manipulate an aircraft. After I have devoted all my attention to aviation.

They are now avoiding me, not just because of my high goals but also because of the attitude I set as my wall against them.

I vowed to myself that I wouldn't ever make myself be enslaved by that thing called love. Because it will just make me weak and fragile, my love and attraction for airplanes is enough.

"Oh god, your words...your mind..it's so beautiful..it's so beautiful Behati. How can I have you? Tell me, how can I have you baby?"

I tried to calm myself and I thought of something else, I needed to process my mind to divert it away from his words.

But..but his eyes.. his killing blue eyes can't keep my eyes away from him.

I tried to pull my hands from him, but his grip tightened.

"My hand, commander."

"Look at me Lieutenant, you keep avoiding my eyes."

"I am looking at you Commander." How can I damn avoid it? There is something about his blue eyes.

"Now can you recognize me?" He started to get up.

Ngayon nasagot na ang katanungan sa sarili ko, I knew him from the very start. We've met before, but that was from the past that I want to forget forever.

"I can't understand you, Commander."

"What are you talking about Behati? You admitted it. You knew me."

"You are just imagining things Commander, wala akong sinabi." Inagaw ko na ang aking mga kamay sa kanya.

"You are so cruel Behati,"

"If life is cruel, how come I can't be cruel?"

"I didn't know that UASA's best pilot this year is a beautiful liar."

"Now you know Commander."

Pansin ko na iritado na siya sa akin dahil nagsisimula nang mangunot ang noo niya sa akin.

We are now face to face and I can smell the hard liquor from his breath.

"Bakit hindi mo na ako binalikan?" natigilan ako sa sinabi niya.

"What are you talking about Commander?" I was about to stand up when he stopped me.

"I am still talking to you. Sit down, that is a damn order!" Shit. He's using his authority.