Five: Amazing

It was a lunch break and Iwaizumi was sitting in front of Oikawa.

"Oikawa, what's wrong with you?", Iwaizumi's voice woke the boy up from a reverie.

"W-What?", Oikawa asked, confused.

His friend sighed.

"You were doing better on the practice than before, but you're constantly spacing out today".

"Am I?", Oikawa put off the boy's remark and for this he got hit in the head.

But instead of his usual 'Iwa-chan!', he looked on the ground pensively.

"Are you feeling okay?", Iwaizumi asked with exaggerated worry in his voice.

"I'm just thinking that [Name] is really amazing", Oikawa said.

His friend raised an eyebrow.

"Have you changed your mind?", he asked.

"No, it's not that...", the chocolate haired boy replied immediately. "I always thought that, but she seems so perfect", he continued and smiled to himself lightly.

Iwaizumi wanted to say something but Oikawa was faster.

"Even if I would like her to be my girlfriend, I wouldn't deserve her", he fessed up.

"I know that", his friend answered brutally and Oikawa jolted.

"You should've said that it's not true! Mean, Iwa-chan!", he whined.

"Shoud I lie?", Iwaizumi riposted, but his expression wasn't holding any grudge. Quite the opposite - he was surprised by what his friend just said.

It's been a while since he heard so honest and meagre words coming from Oikawa's mouth.

When the evening practice finished, you made your way to the girls' changing room. Not minding to get changed, you only grabbed your school bag and walked out of the room, heading towards the gates. But as you were about to leave, you realised that you forgot your notebook from the gymnasium. You scampered towards the hall, hoping for it to be still opened. You were almost sure that everybody had already left, since majority of the boys also weren't changing their clothes after evening practices. Remembering that Iwaizumi was probably waiting for you in front of the school, you raised the pace of your steps not to make him wait for you too long.

Sighing with a relief, you noticed that the gymnasium was still opened and the lights were still turned on. You quickly walked in, heading towards the bench where you left the notebook. But you stopped, seeing that it wasn't there. Instead you saw a chocolate haired boy leaning on the wall next to the magazine, holding your notebook in his hand, and smiling to you mischieviously.

"O-Oikawa-san, what are you doing here?", you asked, blushing. This situation somehow resembled the one from the morning - the two of you alone in the gymnasium. There was no place to run away.

"I couldn't ask you to stay when everybody was watching", he explained and waved your notebook in the air. "So I took your notebook in order for you to come back for it".

"W-Why did you want me to stay?", you asked, avoiding the boy's look.

"Isn't it obvious?", he replied with a smirk. "You said I can do it anytime I want to".

You shivered, feeling a heat flowing on your cheeks. Your heart started beating madly, and you clenched your fists, trying to keep your composure.

"But Iwaizumi is probably waiting for me", you said.