Pilot

Dad hadn't contacted in weeks, we hadn't heard anything out of him. Until that one voicemail, it was full of EVP. So we headed to where Sammy left to go to school, I didn't really remember him though. Dean tells me he left when I was a baby. It was dark when we pulled up to an apartment building. Dean turned back to face me, "Chris stay here okay?" I nodded my head and yawned. Dean grabbed my blanket off of the floorboard and handed it to me, "Get some sleep short stack." I took it and curled up with a grumble of, "Not short," I heard Dean get out of the car. About twenty minutes later, I heard Dean and another man arguing. "The weapons training? The melting of silver into bullets? Man Dean, we were raised like warriors!" I heard the other say, I assumed he was Sam. "So what are you gonna do? Just live some apple pie life? Is that it?" That was Dean, "Not normal, safe." That was Sam, "And that's why you ran away," and that was Dean. "I was just going to college, it was Dad that told me if I was gonna go I should stay gone, and that's what I'm doing." That was Sam, dad wasn't that mean, was he? "Yeah well dads in trouble now, and he's not dead I can feel it. I can't do this alone." I heard a disbelieving, "Yes you can." I yawned and sat up, "Yeah but I don't want to," I heard Dean say as I opened the car door. Dean noticed, "Hey short stack, decided to join the party?" I padded over to his side with the blanket around my shoulders, it was cold. "Is that Christina?" I heard Sam ask, "We just call her Chris." Dean told him as he opened the trunk, "She knows?" Dean nodded when I put my face in his flannel, "She found out when she saw a skin-walker change." Sam sighed, "So what was he hunting?" I felt Dean move, so I backed up. I watched Dean open the trunk and use one of the shotguns to prop up the stash lid. "Alright, now let's see where the hell I put that thing..." Dean muttered as he dug through the stash. "So if Dad went hunting, why didn't you go with him?" Dean glanced at him, "I was working my own gig, voodoo thing down in New Orleans." Sam's reply sounded, skeptical to say none the least, "Dad let you go on a hunting trip by yourself?" Dean gave him a look, "I'm 26 dude. Ah, here we go," Dean said the last part as he took out a few papers from a Manila envelope. "So dad was checking out this two-lane blacktop just outside of Jericho, California. About a month ago, this guy," Dean handed Sam a piece of paper from the stack, "They found his car, vanished. Completely MIA," Sam skimmed over the paper, "So maybe he was kidnapped." Dean smacked his lips, "Yeah, well, here's another one in April, another in December 04, 03, 98, 92, ten of 'em over the last 20 years. All men, all same 5 mile stretch of road." Dean put up the papers and started digging through more stuff, "Started happening more and more, so Dad went to go dig around. That was about 3 weeks ago. We haven't heard from him since," I yawned again, Dean noticed, "Short stack if you're that tired then go to sleep." I shook my head and leaned against his side again, Dean picked me up and put me in the backseat. "I know you didn't nap today, go sleep. Sammy's probably gonna come with us." Dean whispered to me. I hugged him and took a deep breath. Before curling up in a ball in the back seat. I heard Dean close the door before walking over to Sam. I tried to pay attention to their conversation, but I fell asleep trying.

When I woke up, we were stopped at a gas station. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "Good morning Chris." I heard, I knew that wasn't Dean. My attention snapped to the front seat, it was Sam. I forgot about him... "Hey," I turned my head to look out the rear window, there's where Dean went... he had a candy bar in his mouth and was holding multiple bags of chips, other candies, and drinks. "You want breakfast?" Dean asked Sam, I rolled down the window and Dean passed me a bottle of water and two bags of Cheetos. "No thanks," Sam said as he dug through Dean's box of music. "So how'd you pay for that stuff anyway? You and Dad still running credit card scams?" Sam all but yelled. I moved up so he was within arms reach and punched his arm. "Hey! What was that for?" Sam asked looking back at me, "Dean says we don't tell people that," I told him while munching on a Cheeto. "Really Dean?" Sam asked, he only smirked, "You're just mad because she hit you." Dean told him as he put the gas pump back in its slot. "Besides," Dean started saying as he got in the driver's side, "We just apply, it's not our fault they send us the cards." Sam scoffed, "And what names did you put on the application this time?" Dean thought for a moment, "Bert Afriamian and his son Hector, scored two cards out of the deal." Sam rolled his eyes and dug through Dean's cassettes, "Sounds about right. I swear, you gotta update your cassette tape collection." Dean looked incredulous, "Why?" Sam gave him an 'are you serious' look before grabbing one tape after another, "Well for one they're cassette tapes, and two: Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Metallica? They're the greatest hits of mullet rock." Dean grabbed one of the tapes, "House rules Sammy, Driver picks the music and-" he pointed in the back for me to finish. "Shotgun shuts his cakehole!" I finished, Dean gave me a candy bar and a fist bump while Sam rolled his eyes. "You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve-year-old, it's Sam." Dean rolled his eyes, "Can't hear you." Dean turned up the music, "Music's too loud." Dean smirked again as he drove out of the gas station and we continued on our way.