Chapter 6 "Movie Night"

Scarlett

I eyed the two girls in front of me as they continued glaring at each other. Since I invited Olivia to to that pastry shop, she started hanging out with Sara and I, well more like hanging out with me whenever she could. I had no idea what was going through with that pretty head of hers but as I thought about it, it wasn't that bad having her around because it would be easier for my job even if her bitchy attitude annoyed me. But no one would be more annoyed than Sara whenever Olivia was around. Apparently, pissing Sara off has become Olivia's routine for the past days.

Watching Olivia dragged the chair beside Sara with a smirk written on her face, I let out a heavy sigh and shook my head. Here we go again!

"Hi Sara dear, I miss you!" Olivia greeted mockingly while Sara rolled her eyes at the sudden remark. 

"Sadly, I don't," Sara replied dryly.

"Oh! What a shame."

"Olivia," I called.

Olivia turned to look at me, her face lighted up, "Hello to you too Samantha!"

"Please don't start, I'm trying to read here."

"Fine," she huffed. "I just have something to give you," she added while fetching something from her jeans' pocket. Sara eyed her curiously so did I. I looked back at Olivia tentatively when her right hand suddenly reached out to my hand that was holding the book and brought it towards her. I was surprised at the sudden action and when I felt her soft palm against mine, a tingling sensation shot through my arm then to my stomach. When I registered what she was doing, I felt something between our palms so I reluctantly pulled my hand. My eyes flickered to Sara who still looked agape before unclasping my hand.

"What's this?"

"A movie ticket, duh!"

"And why would you give me this?"

She rolled her eyes, "I never thought you could be this slow Samantha," she mumbled but enough for me to hear it.

"Hey I heard that!"

"Obviously I'm giving it to you so we can watch movie together."

"Excuse me?" Sara interjected. Her eyes narrowed while looking at Olivia. "What about your boyfriend? Why don't you ask him instead," she added.

"Yeah, what about Brad?" I seconded.

She leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms, "Well I want to go out to have some fun but not with him and then I thought of you so why not? Besides, I'm tired of having him around all the time. So what do you say Samantha? I rarely do this kind of thing to anyone so you should be happy I chose you."

"No," I said deadpanned. Sara smirked at my blatant refusal. It wasn't bad to go with Olivia I supposed but I couldn't really say yes in front of Sara because clearly she didn't like the idea. I just didn't want her to be upset because it would mean that she wouldn't talk to me for days and frankly, I was liking her company.

"What? Did I hear it right?"

"I said no, so better find someone else to go with you," I said sliding the ticket to her. Of course I wasn't planning on leaving Olivia alone if she decided to go without me.

"Why not? Think about it Samantha, I'm giving you the chance to hang out with me, the most popular girl in school, for Satan's sake. Anyone would jump to any opportunities to be with me so how could you not? I'll make you popular."

"I said NO!" I bursted before I could realize what I just said. I couldn't believe how her conceitedness still pissed me off.

"Oh," she muttered suddenly looking downcasted and averted her gaze. I immediately felt a pang of guilt after my little outburst. I knew it came out strong and I totally regretted it.