What do you want

Olivia's POV
Throughout the entirety of English Dylan keeps trying to talk to me. I just don't answer. This seems to annoy him so he pokes me. I turn to him abruptly, scowling. He looks surprised but quickly goes back to his signature smirk.

"What do you want?" I whisper. My teeth are clenched. He just smirks. I sigh and turn back to the notebook I was drawing in. I was making absolutely no progress in the doodle I was trying to complete.

Suddenly Dylan takes out one of my earbuds and puts it in his own ear.

"Um. Do you mind?" I whisper/yell. Kinda grossed out by the fact that he took something out of my ear. He just holds up his finger to my mouth in a way of shutting me up. I give up and turn back to the notebook. After the song finishes, he takes out the earbud and gives it back to me.

"I didn't take you for the Clash type of girl," he says to me. I raise my eyebrow.

"Oh, and what kind of girl do I look like?" I ask

"Maroon 5 and shit like that" he replies. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Not really my thing" I respond, shrugging. He just laughs " So do you like the Clash?" I ask interested. He nods. I smile. I haven't found anyone else in this school who likes them. Ashley mostly listens to rap and pop.

"What's your favorite song by them?" He asks me seeming interested in my answer.

"London Calling" I answer. "It's a classic". He nods

"My favorite is Rock the Casbah". He states.

"Of course you'd like a song about destruction" I laugh. He laughs as well. Through the rest of the class, we discuss old bands and our favorite songs. I've found that he's actually pretty easy to talk to.

Once the bell rings I stand and leave the classroom. My next class is my worst enemy. Math. I sigh and walk into the classroom. The teacher introduces himself as Mr. Sherman. He starts rambling on about what skills we're going to learn throughout geometry class. I just sigh and turn my music back on.

Ten minutes go by and there is a loud slam. I sit up feeling an odd sense of deja vu. In the doorway stands the one and only Dylan White. He sees me in the back and smirks at me. He completely ignores Mr. Sherman's open mouth and walks over to my desk sitting next to me. The stares follow him as he walks towards me.

"Stop following me". I say. He just chuckles.

"Not my fault we're stuck in the same classes" he replies to me.

"Yeah but you didn't have to sit with me" I remark.

"What do you mean"

"Well, all the other girls here are giving me evil looks." As soon as I say this Dylan starts to look around the room. I was telling the truth. A lot of the girls here are glaring at me. Dylan just leans back and smirks.

"They're just jealous," he says casually.

"Of what," I asked rolling my eyes.

"You"

Dylan's POV
Olivia starts to laugh at my statement. I just stare at her with questioning eyes. She looks back at me and realizes I'm being serious and shuts up.

"You're joking right?" She asks me. A piece of hair falls in front of her face. I want to reach forward and put it behind her ear, but that'd make me look soft.

"Nope" I reply to her. She tilts her head to the side and bites her lip. Fuck she looks so good when she does that. I wish those were my teeth biting her lip. I shake the thoughts out of my head.

"Why would they be jealous?" she asks. I wanna ask her if she is serious if she knows how beautiful she is. If she knew how many boys in this class keep looking behind them to 'check the clock'. Which by the way is making me jealous. I can't say this though. I'm not one to be known as sweet.

"Because you're with me," I say instead. She just looks  at me and roles her eyes. She goes back to taking notes but I just keep looking at her.

I've liked Olivia ever since fifth grade when she gave me half of her Nutella sandwich because I had forgotten lunch. She was just so kind. A good soul. Also, she was super beautiful. She always wanted to help people. She had the most beautiful smile. Her brown hair, soft and curly, was always cascading down her back or up in a ponytail. Her blue-grey eyes could hold me forever. She made all of my guy friends do a double take every time they saw her in the hallways. She didn't see that though. Then I noticed her clothing. It was 80 degrees out and she was wearing jeans and long sleeves.

"Are you hot?" I asked her. She turned to look at me. She looked nervous, scared even.

"Um no?" She asked. Almost as if she was asking herself.

"Why're you wearing that" I ask pointing down to her out of place clothing.

"Because" she responds. Her tone tells me that she doesn't want to carry on with the conversation. I sigh and let the topic go. Knowing she probably won't tell me. She's super stubborn. Suddenly the bell rings and she stands to leave. She's the first one out of the door. All of the male population's eyes in the classroom follows her. Even the teacher's. I snarl and stomp out of the classroom. Knowing that all the girls are probably doing the same to me. People let me pass. Not wanting to get in my way.

Everyone in this school is afraid of me. It is something I value. No one bothers me and teachers let me get out of shit. On the other hand. It is lonely. I'm just glad that Olivia isn't scared. I would do anything for her. Wear floral if need be.