Hallway

Olivia's POV
After math I had French. Which was terrible. I'm awful in French. Languages just don't get through my brain. The teacher, Madame Sourié, has always disliked me. So that class sucked. Anyway, now it's lunchtime. For the past two years of high school, I've eaten in Mrs. William's room. I just don't feel comfortable in the cafeteria.

As I step into the room she stands up from her desk and pulls me into a tight hug.

"How's your day so far sweety?" She asks me.

"Good" I reply. "I still hate you for sitting me with Dylan White," I say. She just smirks.

"I'm trying to get you a mans" She replies. I just laugh. She's always been a big jokester when it comes to me.

"Oh yeah because the biggest player in the school wants a girl like me," I say.

"Of course girl. You're beautiful" she says. I just laugh.

"Yeah ooook" I say back. She just looks at me and sighs. For the last two years, she's been trying to convince me to have more confidence in myself, but that's impossible when you have so many scars and emotional baggage.

After lunch, I have science which goes pretty smoothly and music which is way to easy for me. Finally, it's time to head home. I go to my locker and open it. A pink envelope falls out. Inside of the envelope is a letter. I open it.

Dear Olivia
I have loved you for so long yet you haven't ever noticed me. It would be an honor if I could go out on a -

I don't bother to finish reading it. I crumple up the letter and throw it in the trash. It's just a prank people pull on me. No one wants to go out with someone as broken as I am. I just sigh and place my books I don't need in my locker. As I close the door there stands Dylan with his group of friends all smiling down on me. I take a step back from them.

"What do you want?" I ask trying to push through them. They don't budge.

"Nothing," Dylan says in a sing song voice smirking down at me.

"Then why're you in front of me?" I ask him looking up. What can I say? He must be six feet tall and I'm only 5 foot tall on a good day.

"What were you reading there?" He asks me. I just shrug.

"Nothing" I reply. I try to walk forward again. He holds me back again. His friends look at each other and cough.

"Aren't you gonna introduce us?" one of them asks. He has dark brown hair in a quiff. He winks at me. I look down and blush.

"Right, these are my friends, Olivia. Here's Julian" he says pointing to a tall blond guy with blue eyes. He's smirking at me.

"The twins Lee and Cam" the twins don't look similar at all. Lee is short with broad shoulders, while Cam is tall and skinny.

"And this asshole is Noah," he says pointing at the dark haired boy. He winks and steps forward lifting my hand to his lips. I blush.

"Are you done now?" Dylan asks. Annoyed. Noah just smirks and goes back to his place.

The twins go over to the garbage can and start rummaging through until they find the letter. Cam starts waving it around.

"Let's read this so-called prank shall we?" He just smirks. I sigh knowing I won't be able to stop him. Cam starts to read.

"Dear Olivia, I have loved you for so long yet you haven't ever noticed me. It would be an honor if I could go out on a date with you. I'll show you what a lady should feel like. I'd just like to show you a good time. Sincerely Travis Frank". Everyone looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask them.

"Are you gonna say yes?" Lee asks. I start to laugh. Really hard. When I look up no one is laughing with me.

"It's a joke," I said. "What would the captain of the basketball team want with me?" I ask them. Travis Frank was the captain of the basketball team. He could have every girl he wanted. Surely he didn't want me. The boys look at me as if I had three heads. Julian's the first to speak.

"Have you seen yourself?" he asks me. I nod.

"Yea. So?" I ask. Wanting to know what the point was.

"Then you should know you're the prettiest girl in this school," Lee says. I just start laughing. I laugh so hard I need to lean against my locker for support. I look at them and they're still looking at me like I'm crazy. I realize they must be in on the joke. I stand up straight and walk around them towards the front doors of the school. I don't look back even as Dylan calls after me.

"Olivia what's wrong?" he shouts. I turn back to the boys.

"Leave me alone" I call back and start turn so that they don't see the tears falling down my face as I start my long journey home.

Dylan's POV
Fuck, I think running my hands through my hair. The boys look confused.

"Why'd she run?" Noah asks. The other boys shrug. I, however, have an answer.

"She thinks we're making fun of her. She's got super low self-esteem." I say to them. They all look at me as if I'm crazy

"Has she seen herself?" Noah asks. I just shrug.

"I'd hit that". Lee says. My head snaps towards him I glare at him. When he sees this he smirks.

"Aaaw is someone jealous?" He asks me teasingly. I laugh at him.

"I don't get jealous over anyone or anything," I say. Lying through my teeth. They all just look at me. Then start laughing. Noah's the first one to sober up.

"So when I kissed her hand and made he cute little cheeks blush that glare you were giving me wasn't jealousy?" He asks me, smirking. I just growl at him. He's still smirking. I didn't like the way he touched her. That should be me. I'm the only one that should make her blush like that I- wait I can't admit to them I'm head over heels for this girl. I straighten up and place a smirk back on my face.

"Not at all". I reply to them
They look at me like I'm crazy. Noah just smirks some more.

"Good, so when I ask her on a date and then we go back to my place and-". Before he can finish his sentence I have him pinned against the lockers.

"Don't you fucking touch her. She's mine" I growl at my best friend. He just smirks.

"I told you," he says. I let him go and realize I've exposed myself.

Fuck.