Chapter X

It all happened so damn fast. One second we were cheering the players on the field, who were trying their best to make their coaches proud - the next, the whole crowd was struck in horror. You could only hear the gasps of worry and horror echoing through out the atmosphere. My throat was restricted, dry, my eyes ridden with terror, seeing Nathan be so vulnerable and very unconscious at the same time, was something out of a terrifying horror movie.

It didn't take long till an ambulance arrived at the school and the paramedics carried Nathan's limp body off the field, Allison and I dropped everything and rushed out of the bleachers then dashed outside to see them load Nathan up into the vehicle, as one of the paramedics were closing the ambulance doors we hastily approached him. "Sir! Sir, wait! That's my brother in there, can we please go with?" Allison shouted running towards the paramedic, me right beside her. I did not care that my legs were hurting like hell, no, I ran with her, I ran for him.

The paramedic nodded at Allison and then turned to me. "And who is this?" He asked inspecting me, I had a feeling I would have to run to the hospital to see Nathan and Allison, but if that were the case - then so be it.

As I was about to speak, Allison cut me off. "He's his boyfriend, can he please come?" It was safe to say her statement had shocked me, but I did not want to go on a murderous rampage about how he was not my boyfriend and merely just a best friend. The paramedic male sighed, unsure of what to do, I believe under the policies only family was allowed to go with.

"Sir, please.." I pleaded desperately.

The paramedic was lost, as if wondering what to do, he caved in though, which is something I couldn't me more grateful for at that very moment. He ran his hand over his face and nodded, opening the ambulance door. "Hop in." The man's tone was adamant. We appreciated his action and complied.

Upon entering the ambulance, it soon started moving - quite hastily, and then there was Nathan, lying on the seemingly cold bench with a respirator on his face. He was still unconscious, his leg still fucked up. If I wasn't crying before, I was pouring my eyes out now, Allison was gently caressing her brother's face and I was standing there, practically having a panic attack thinking as to what was going to happen. By the looks of it, Nathan's leg had been broken and dislocated, although there was a possibility for torn joints - that required a surgery. I was still optimistic that his joints were still in tact, but there always was the chance.

It didn't take more than five minutes until we've arrived at the hospital, the hastiness and speed of the ambulance had surprised me, first time being in one after all..