↳ 63. IRL

"PEACOCK! INDIANA JONES? WHAT?" Fiona tried to guess Tom's odd arm movements as her mother wheezed at the awfully amusing sight

Tom continued to move his arms in a circular motion, trying to keep his face as straight as he could. "Twenty seconds!" Valeria laughed out, clutching her sides with one hand as she recorded the whole hilarious scene with the other.

"Tom- I don't- swimmer? Windmill?" Fiona guessed quickly, pointing and clapping at the man's motions as he rapidly shook his head.

"And times up!" Valeria hollered, and stood up, pointing at them. "You two failed, but it was hilarious so it's okay. I was very entertained." she gave them a round of applause.

Tom sighed and shrugged. "We tried our best, and it was a hard one." he patted Fiona's arm as he took a spot next to her.

"What was it?" she asked him after she rolled her eyes at her mother's mocking.

"It was someone bowling." he explained to her.

"Bowling?" Fiona squeaked out, "What kind of bowling do you do, Tom?"

"I've never bowled before!"

"Who hasn't gone bowling-"

Valeria watched Fiona and Tom bicker from the kitchen as she got herself some water. She smiled softly, feeling her whole body tingle with happiness as she heard her daughter laugh at her boyfriend's joke. It was a scene Val could see happening for years, and she wouldn't mind that. If anything, she felt honored to have such loving people in her lives.

Her heart swelled at the thought of living a long and happy life with Tom and Fiona by her side. Through thick and thin they have remained with her, and life couldn't have treated her with such kindness and warmth. After reconciling with Finn and forgiving him, Valeria felt as if another chapter in her life has shut while another was just beginning to write itself. And the fact that now Fiona visits Finn on the weekends, and she enjoys spending time with him makes Valeria feel 100x better.

And Tom, what a sweetheart he has been with her. Tom and Finn got along after a few minutes together. Regardless of what has happened in the past, or what Tom had heard of Finn, they've treated each other like good friends and Valeria couldn't have been more grateful. As for Val and Finn? She's forgiven him and let go of the past since she was tired of being so angry. Life was truly giving her so much love it was unfathomable.

When Valeria entered the living room, Fiona stood up and wrapped her arms around her. "I'm going to go do my homework," her daughter yawned, earning a kiss on the cheek by Val and waved at Tom's direction. "Bye, Tom."