i. emerald

Two years after the Battle of New York, and from trying to pull her life back together, eighteen-year-old Mal Owens finds that nothing is ever that easy

Two years after the Battle of New York, and from trying to pull her life back together, eighteen-year-old Mal Owens finds that nothing is ever that easy. Moving from New York City to Washington D.C., Mal is just beginning to scrape together a semblance of a normal life.

She did normal people things, like morning runs with Steve and her new friend Sam, before heading to work at SHIELD. Mal decided when she moved to stay out of field work unless absolutely necessary, choosing to work in the more technical side of things, with machinery and computers. But then someone 'kills' Fury, and it turns out to be Steve's very dead best friend Bucky Barnes. Then it's discovered that HYDRA has been alive and well inside SHIELD this entire time, growing stronger with every year that passes.

Mal thought her time as a superhero ended at the Battle of New York, and was hoping that she wouldn't really have to pick up the title again, at least until the Avengers were called back together. But she cares about Steve, so she steps in to help him save his best friend. But Mal is also forced to face some demons of her past when confronted again by HYDRA. No one ever really comes out unscathed, anyways.

mal owens ( the ex-hero! )ELLIE BAMBER

mal owens
( the ex-hero! )
ELLIE BAMBER

+

evelyn reyes, ruby cruz
ellen owens, kristen bell
elijah owens, joseph morgan