38 + Character profile

Third POV

The four high school students scoot as close to the stage as possible to see the on stage performers. The place where they stood was not a problem for the two tall males. However, the small coach and libero couldn't see over the crowd of people conveniently taller than them.

The shorter male perks up when he gets a idea. "Asahi, let me get on your shoulders!" he exclaims. "O-Okay," the tall ace allows the boy climb onto his shoulders and rest his hands on top of his head.

Chihiro could see the light hitting Nishinoya's face while she stands in the shadow of the person in front of her. Nishinoya looks down at his small friend from the great height. "Daichi, can Chihiro get on your shoulders?" he blurts out.

Daichi looks up and then down at Chihiro who is blushing profusely. "W-wait!" The captain shrugs. "Sure,"

She starts making excuses completely valid in her opinion. "I'm t-too heavy to be picked up like Nishinoya," She fiddles with the sleeves of her yukata

"I don't think you would be. You're pretty small," Asahi ponders. "Come on Chihiro-chan! The view is great and you get to see what if feels like to be tall!" Nishinoya shouts over the music.

The girl pauses a moment before sighing. "I g-guess," the libero whoops. Daichi bends down until he's basically on his knees so the girl can get on without flashing anyone despite the mid thigh shorts she hand on underneath.

When she is secure, he slowly stands back up to full height, shocking Chihiro. She never realized how tall Daichi was. And how far from the ground he is. He rests his hands on her knees and her muscles tense minutely. 

The longer the music plays, the more relaxed she becomes. She unconsciously places her hands atop the captain's head and rested her chin on her hands. Daichi inwardly smiles when she does, getting a warm feeling he has never gotten before. The plucky tradition Japanese music changes to booming drum beats on a variety of drums. There isn't much conversation between the four as they enjoy the music in peace.

~~~

"The weather really is different up hear," Chihiro adds as Nishinoya laughs. 

"And the view is great!" they go back and forth recalling what it feels like to finally be tall. "So what do you do with all this kind of power?" she stipulates.

"Reach the cabinets without having to climb on top of the counter," Daichi smirks. Nishinoya and Chihiro hiss in fake pain. 

"Ouch that burns," Nishinoya. The casual roast hits the two right in the chest. "I still can't get the time that I walked in on you climbing on top of the counter to reach a pot stored on a top shelf," Asahi looks up at Chihiro and she shrugs.

"Not my fault whoever used it last was a giant. I had to use my resources,"

A person runs on to the stage between songs to announces the start of the firework show. Nishinoya makes eye contact with Chihiro and Daichi makes eye contact with Asahi. They all nod together in unspoken agreement.

As the crowd dissipates, Nishinoya crawls down Asahi and back to his usual place on the ground. "Daichi-san stay still for a second," she says. 

"o-okay?" she presses her hands on top his shoulders and lifts her legs up and swings them out from around Daichi's shoulders. Her legs, now being perpendicular to the ground, lower until she removes her hands from his shoulders and lands safely. She brushes off her hands and joins Nishinoya in the front of the group.

~~~

The four find a spot on top of a set of stairs leading up to a shrine where the rest of the team stood. Yachi spots Chihiro and waves her over. She trots over to the blonde and listens to her talk.