chapter 9

''Agent Barton!'' Fury shouts from the door of the room.  Clint looks over at him then beck at Cheyenne.

        He walks over to fury slowly.  ''Yes, sir?''

        The two walk out of the room with the door closing behind them.  ''Did you get any information from her?  From what it looked like back there it seemed like you spent five hours just looking at her.''

        ''No.  I actually got a lot from her, we talked the whole time.  I had asked her something right before you came in and I was waiting for a response.''

        ''Well tell me everything you know.  Romanoff and Rogers just got back and they told me that the man they were talking to and told them that she does it for revenge for her brother, did she say anything like that to you?''

        ''She told me her older brother got into some money problems.  She was helping him get the money.  Her last year of high school is when she started to assassinate people.  Her brother knew what she was doing, but not for who, and it was for the mobs that killed him, so, she started killing them,'' they walk out towards the Bridge.

        ''What else?''

        ''Well, to get her to talk I told her that she didn't have to answer any boring questions, that she could just tell me about her, and she did.  Her parents didn't like her having in interest in violence, so she went behind there backs and learned how to make arrows and how to shoot them, same with guns.  I was in the middle of asking her where she learned how to shoot, cause she's really good.''

        ''Agent Fury!'' its Maria Hill that calls out to him.

        Fury looks at Clint.  ''Go find out anything else, then report back,'' he walks over to Maria.

        ''Will do,'' Clint turns around to go see Cheyenne again.

        ''Cheyenne?'' she's in the same spot as when he left.  ''Cheyenne, I have something else to ask you.''

        ''I've already told you too much.  More then I should have.''

        ''Fine then, let me tell you something.  I think I have an idea on how you can get out, and even clear your name.''

        ''You really think that I'm after clearing my name?'' she gets up.  ''I barely have a name, only to the mobs, and S.H.I.E.L.D., besides that, no one knows me,'' she turns her head back to get a look at him.  ''How do you think I could get out of here though?''

        ''Never mind.  You wouldn't want to,'' he turns around as if he's going to leave.

        ''No, tell me, either I will or not, I'd like to know.''

        ''By joining S.H.I.E.L.D.,'' Cheyenne gives him a weird look.  ''I can tell that you aren't all about revenge.  I was going to bring it across Fury, that is, if you'd want to.''

        ''What makes you think that I would want to join,'' she walks towards the door.  ''I've been a hired assassin for years, and since I was nineteen S.H.I.E.L.D. has been after me.  Plus, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me just join.  If Fury finds out that your the one that let me out, there's no way he'd listen to your idea.''

        ''Well how come you'll only talk to me?  Fury said you said something to him but only out of anger, is that true?''

        ''He was annoying me, asking me the same question over and over again.  I never answered.  But I have my reasons on why I will only talk to you.''

        ''Which would be?''

        ''You should be able to figure that out,'' she turns around and sits back down on the floor.  ''You may ask Fury what he thinks about recruiting me, but I think we both know what his answer will be.''

        Clint walks out of the room and out to the Bridge.  ''Fury!  I have something to ask of you.''

        Fury meets him half way.  ''I have something to ask you too Agent Barton.  Why did you let the prisoner of of their cell and let them walk around all afternoon?''

        ''You wanted me to get answers so I made a deal with her, I said I'd let her out and walk around for a bit as long as she'd talk and not try to run away, she agreed so I let her out.  Clearly she didn't try anything.  I go her to talk more than ever before, now she won't talk to me after a guard took her back to her cell.  So if we can't get her to talk anymore, don't blame me, she was talking to me for hours.''

        ''You seem defensive about her, Barton, but before we get too far into this and something goes wrong , what is it that you want to ask me?''

        ''Its actually about her.  Would you consider letting her join S.H.I.E.L.D.?''

        ''Are you aware of what you are asking me, Barton?  What makes you think that I would even give that a thought?''

        ''She has the skills, she just needs to motive.  The only reason why she kills is because of her brother.''

        ''And how does she feel about this?  Is she the one who brought it up?''

        ''No, I am.  I told her about it, and she doesn't believe that she would be allowed in.  S.H.I.E.L.D. has been after her since she was nineteen.''

        ''Well she's right.  Guess I'm siding with the bad guy on this one,'' Fury starts walking out of the Bridge and Clint follows behind him.

        ''Sir, I believe that she'd fit in well with the team.  She doesn't need much training, she only needs led to the right path.''

        ''I'm not changing my mind just because you have a crush on the girl.''

        ''What?  I don't love her!''

        ''My point exact.  I never said love.  Barton, go get some sleep, you need it.  I'm going to talk to her, got it?''

        ''Got it,'' Clint walks down another park of the hall way and up a flight a steps sulking.

        Fury goes down a few flights of stairs until he gets to her holding cell.  ''Heard you were quite talkative today.  Still in the mood to talk to me,'' Cheyenne is facing the door as she's sitting in the center of the cell.  ''Barton had told me about his little idea.  How do you feel about it?  Would you want to join S.H.I.E.L.D.?''

        ''I have no reason to join, but I will if you ask me to.  I'm only after mob members, I wouldn't kill anyone on this stupid flying boat, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't harm them if I feel threatened.''

        ''Barton may have been right,'' Cheyenne raises an eyebrow.  ''That you'd be a good choice to have on the team.  The only one that seemed to stop you was Tony.''

        ''I have some wounds to show you why, but if he isn't in the suit of his then he'd better watch out.''

        ''You're boyfriend seems to be confident in you,'' she glares at him when he calls Clint her boyfriend.  ''So, Cheyenne, would you want to join S.H.I.E.L.D.?''

        She sits there with her shoulders back and hands on her knees looking at him, letting the suspense build.