Chapter 13: DROWN

Jaehee's P.O.V.

*The next day*

I nervously entered the classroom, still thinking what might Dona do to me later. *sigh* Once I entered the classroom, I saw everyone sitting on their own seats, waiting for our teacher to arrive. Oh-ow, I think I'm the last person who arrived. Hihi. I just walked toward my seat and placed my bag under my desk then sat.

When I sat on my seat, I noticed Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's face quite surprised.

“Jaehee, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked, confused why I sat here. “That's the school's president's seat.”

“Yeah, I know and I'm the school president.” I said, plainly. Their faces were like ‘whuuut?’ while Kai's face was like ‘Haha. These fools!’

“Oh.. We're sorry, Miss President.” Baekhyun said, bowing his head a little.

I just chuckled a little because of their actions. “Come on, guys. No need for that. Don't be—“

“Miss President! Miss President!” I was cutted off by some sophomore student who shouted at the entrance door.

My gaze locked on the sophomore student who stood outside the entrance door as I walked toward her. “What's wrong?” I asked.

“Miss President, some freshmen students are fighting at the poolside right now.” She said, hysterically.

“What?! But that place is prohibited. It can only be open if the P.E. teachers allow it and if there are practices for the swimmers. How did they get in?” I asked, rapidly.

“I don't know Miss.. Let's just go stop them!” Said the sophomore student, dragging me to the pool area somewhere at the back of the school. Aish! Any minutes from now, the class will start.. *sigh* Looks like, I gonna miss another lesson today.

Kai's P.O.V.

Jaehee left the classroom being dragged by that sophomore student. I just stared at them until they disappear from my sight.

Aish.. Why do I have a bad feeling about what's going to happen to Jaehee.

“Ah, guys.. I'll just go to the restroom for a sec.” I said as I stood up, not waiting for them to answer and just left the room.

I really couldn't explain it.. but I have a bad feeling about this. I exited the classroom and run toward the pool area swiftly.

Jaehee's P.O.V.

Once we entered the pool area, I roamed my eyes around to look for those freshmen fighting, but I notice no one was there. The sophomore student just stood behind me and whispered. “I'm sorry.” I immediately turned around to face her once I hear her whisper.

My eyes widened, when I saw Dona entering the pool area and she give some money to the sophomore student and the sophomore student quickly run away, exiting the pool area.

“Hi, Jaehee.” She greeted, grinning evily as she slowly walked toward me.

“What do you want from me, Dona?” I asked as I took a step backward. Shit! One single move, and I'll fall into the pool. What will I do? This pool is about 7 ft. deep and I don't even freaking know how to swim and if Dona will do something silly to me.. this will be my death.

Dona's evil sexy smirk snapped me back to reality and with one swift move, Dona pushed me harshly, which made me fall onto the pool..

I tried swimming so I couldn't drown but looks like the water's really dragging me at the bottom of the pool. The last thing I saw, was Dona walking out of the pool area... Leaving me here alone, dying.

I don't know how to swim, so I guess this will be my fate, huh? I'm going to die sooner.. My body started to feel heavy and I felt really weak as seconds passed by here in the pool.. Fuck! I gave up.. There's no point anymore. My vision starts to blur until I can't see anything and turn into pitch black.

Kai's P.O.V.

Shit! Where the heck are you, Jaehee? I thought as I continue running, finding my way where to find the pool area.

It took me a lot minutes, to find the pool area and when I finally reached the pool area, I saw a familiar girl exiting and it was the girl Jaehee and I saw at the rooftop. What's her name? Oh, whatever! I just ignored her and quickly entered the pool area.

“Jaehee!” I shouted, at the top of my lungs once I entered the pool area. I scanned the pool area to look for Jaehee, and I was completely shocked, when I saw Jaehee's body floating in the pool. I removed my coat in one swift move, and swam toward Jaehee.

Aish, Jaehee! How the the hell did you got in this kind of situation? I thought in anger and at the same time with concernment as I swam.

Once I reached where Jaehee is, I grabbed both of her arms and wrapped it around my neck. I swam back to the poolside with Jaehee on my back and carry her out of the water, then laid her down on the ground. “Jaehee!” I lightly slapped her cheeks but she's still not waking up. I begun to push down the center of her chest, almost 15 times but she's still not coughing nor moving.. I tilted her head back and lifted her chin. I pinched her nose and covered her mouth with mine and blew it until her chest rise. I gave her three breaths before she coughed and finally, the water came out of her mouth. “Mr. Stranger..” She whispered, slowly fluttering her eyes open. Unconsciously, I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and hugged her tightly. “I'm glad, you're alive, Jaehee..”

--------

Jaehee's P.O.V.

Kai and I were sitting at the poolside, drying our hair with the towel on our hands.

“What the hell happened, Jaehee? Why did you drown?” Kai asked, furrowing his brows at me.

“Ahh.. I slipped.. I guess..” I lied. A completely dumb lie.

“Slipped? Seriously?” He rolled his eyes because of what I just said. “I saw that girl from the rooftop awhile ago.. I think she's behind all of these.” Kai suspected.

I decided to keep my mouth shut and just lowered my head.

“Aren't you going to say something?!” Kai yelled, frightening me.

I gulped this lump on my throat as I lifted my head and looked at Kai. “She threatened me, that she's going to kill me if I don't stop flirting Sehun.. but the hell Kai, I wasn't flirting with Sehun.. Sehun and I were just so close to each other since we're childhood friends!” I paused, catching my breath. “I really thought I'm just gonna die like that.. I'm so scared..” I continued, forcing my tears not to escape my eyes.

With no response, I felt Kai's warm hand touched my head, slowly tilting it as he placed my head over his broad shoulder. “Don't be scared.. You know, I'll be here for you... To protect you..” He said, in such a calm and very soothing voice.

“Kai..” I whispered, as I felt the tinge of pink on my cheeks.

“Don't be scared, okay? I'm not gonna let you die just like that.” Kai said, comforting me. I felt his lips kissed my hair and after he done that, the tinge of pink on my cheeks were replaced by a bright red as red as a tomato.

Gosh! Why do I feel this way? Why do I feel hot? It's just.. a simple peck on my hair. What's the big deal, Jaehee? Don't be such a weirdo! I thought to myself.

••••••••••••••••••••

Guys! I know you guys had heard what's the issue going on with Kris and DAMN! It's really driving me crazy! I don't know what to believe anymore. Could someone explain it to me clearly? Please.. I want to know what's going on.. It's almost 2 am in the morning and I can't sleep, thinking about all of these.. Please, I beg of you guys, tell me the truth. ●︿●

•×LuHainne