Chapter Sixty

Thanksgiving nightmares

Ava toyed at the hem of the dress she was given to wear, the lace and tight fitting clung to her like water

Ava toyed at the hem of the dress she was given to wear, the lace and tight fitting clung to her like water. She couldn't believe Niklaus nor her sister hadn't come and found her yet.

It had been a day or so, entrapped in a penthouse with one psychopathic serial killer.

"Oh, don't you look ravishing. Something wrong, love?" Lucien smirked as he eyed the girl up and down.

"Oh nothing much, just that you tortured a detective. Gave him a compulsion lobotomy, and not to mention I'm still stuck here against my will; wearing your dead witch's hand-me-downs." Ava spat, attempting to ignore the festivities blaring outside. She had never missed a festival, yet there she was- and no one even wondered why.

"Oh love, think of all the people starving in... well, somewhere. I would join you but I have a thanksgiving dinner with the Mikaelsons." Lucien grinned, grabbing Ava's phone from the mantle piece and quickly typing to her sister.

"Do you think kidnapping me will come up as a conversation starter?" Ava responded, eyeing her phone carefully as it was slotted into his pocket.

"No, but I do think the rekindling of Niks and Auroras love will be a topic. Barely gone a day love, and he's already moved on." Lucien smirked as he watched the hurt flicker through the blondes expression, knowing fully well the pain she experienced. But the expression was lost in moments.

"Do you really think you can trick my sister into thinking I'm fine, she'll know something is wrong if I'm not near the parade. And when she realises, they'll track me back to here." Ava remarked, putting a little too much faith in her family.

Klaus had already disappointed her, and her sister had barely noticed her disappearance.

"all I need is a few hours. then when I come back with that damn spell to rid you of that damn bracelet, I'll compel you to forget everything. Including all manners of torture and punishment I might yet employ if you continue to be disrespectful." Lucien declared, a tight smile of dominance on his lips.

Ava rolled her eyes as he headed for the exit, her mind already racing for way to escape. The doorbell rang.

"Oh look, that'll be the nanny." Lucien sang as he opened the door to what seemed to be a 7ft man who was nothing but muscle and anger.

"If I'm not back by nightfall," Lucien called out into the room with a large grin,

"kill her."

*****

The mikaelson thanksgiving dinner was grand, each one had arrived with their own motives- ready to destroy the others.

Aurora de'martell, was fawning over the hybrid with dazed eyes- ignoring her brothers incessant glare.

Tristan de'martell, was planning his sires demise; awaiting the thrill to take away the one thing that endangered his existence.

And Lucien Castle, was attending to witness the fear in Klaus' eyes as he revealed where his beloved Avangaline had been hiding.

The conversation slowly grew thicker as each motive was hinted by the vampires, Lucien too eager to wait until dessert.

"Well, if one wanted to obtain a certain item in, say, a private collection. But one was not invited in the home where said private collection was located, police investigation could come in very handy to remove these items as evidence." Lucien observed as he delicately placed a glass between his lips.

Klaus rolled his eyes at his fanatics, wondering what exactly he was getting at.

"I take it that you are referring to the medallion." Elijah commented, leaning back in his chair as Tristan sent his sister an accusing glare.

"I supposed it was my sister who shared that bit of information." He spoke through gritted teeth, his hands balled into tight fists as his sister pouted before him.

"Don't blame Aurora. You two are hardly conspiratorial geniuses." Klaus chuckled, a sly smirk painted on his lips as he watched the two twitch unintentionally.

"Funny story... it turns out all along that the medallion was in the hands of Niks friend, Avangaline. The sweet blonde with a feisty temper." Lucien sang smugly, a glint of mischief shining in his eyes.

Klaus growled as the words sifted through the air, ignoring the startled look imbedded in Auroras expression.

"I had to get her arrested in order to search her goodies, so to speak, but I would never allow any harm to come to her; knowing the great affection you have for her."

Aurora span around to her love, anger fuelling her body- building to her pent up rage.
For a moment, Klaus was even scared of her.

"Who the bloody hell, is avangaline?"

*****

Ava threw her head backward as the tv blared with the thanksgiving game, groaning from boredom.

"Seriously, football? You're a vampire." Ava muttered, folding her arms across her chest as she watched another goal thread through the screen.

"Shut up and get me a beer." The vampire, Anton, demanded. His gaze flickered to the petite blonde as she sat unnerved by his suggestion with a slanted eyebrow.

"Should I find another way to quench my thirst?" He retorted, veins popping underneath his dark skin. Ava rolled her eyes, finally rising from her position with a huff.

"No, sir."

•••

116k!

Short a/u, who watched the latest riverdale episode!? 😱

Shout outs:
@Oliver_the_sex_god
@Raya25
@SarcasmAndAwesome
@imanakhtar03
@NoneOfMyBuisness

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X