twenty-six

taehyung awoke to a pleasant surprise — park jimin, alive and well in a wheelchair right beside his bed

"j-jiminie!" taehyung shouted happily, sitting up quickly and throwing his arms around his best friend who he hasn't seen for the longest time. "you made it!" he cheered with tears prickling at the back of his eyelids.

"of course i did, tae," jimin chuckled, returning the hug right away. "i had people waiting for me back here. you knew i was always a fighter, right?" he asked, to which the younger nodded without hesitation. taehyung never doubted jimin's chances of waking up, never believing for a second that he would succumb to the darkness.

a loud cough from the other side of the room brought the two males out of reunion bubble. taehyung tore his gaze away from his friend and looked towards the direction of the sound, tensing when he sees a green-haired doctor leaning against the wall, wearing a bored expression. "hello, i'm here too," the unfamiliar man declared bitterly, erupting a giggle from jimin.

"ah, that's the doctor who has been in charge of me when i was in the coma," jimin explained. "he's also my, uh, how should i say this—"

"i'm his boyfriend. full name's min yoongi," the doctor interrupted smugly as taehyung was rendered speechless and simply gawked at him.

"your b-boyfriend?" the lavender-haired boy could only utter, completely taken aback. "what the hell? since when?"

"yeah," jimin mumbled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. "we met last year but only got together a few months ago. remember when i texted you about how i was bleeding outside, in the middle of the night? that was when i met him."

"and you never told me you guys started dating?" taehyung frowned.

"i wanted to! trust me, i was going to, but i just could never find the right time," jimin protested. "besides, aren't you also not telling me something?"

taehyung stiffened and glanced away instantly. "w-what do you mean?"

"oh, you know," jimin trailed off with an innocent facade whilst yoongi smirked knowingly, already seeing where this is going. "your boyfriend, jeon jungkook? oh hey, speaking of the devil," he trailed off as the door was then pushed open, revealing jungkook himself with multiple bags in his hands.

"took you long enough just to get food, kid," yoongi complained, walking towards jungkook to help with the bags.

"the elevator took fucking forever to arrive, okay?" jungkook retorted with a roll of his eyes before he noticed the furiously blushing taehyung next to a widely grinning jimin and rose a brow. "what happened here?"

"you're not one bit surprised or relieved to see me not in a comatose anymore?" jimin questioned the younger, momentarily directing his attention over from taehyung to jungkook.