Queen of the Hippos

^^^^For the awesome banner! Thank you!!!

Christy POV

“I win!!! Hahaha!!!! Suck on that, loser!!!”  Jumping up I did a little bootie shake-happy dance that if I hadn’t been so excited probably would have embarrassed me beyond belief.

“Real mature Christy, real mature,” James stated while rolling his eyes and pouting up at me. “You do realize it’s only a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos though right?” He smirked, obviously trying to kill my high.

Not gonna happen.

“You’re just jealous of my awesome marble munching skills! Don’t be sad, not everyone can be as amazing as me,” Grinning I walked over and patted him on top of his head, “And not everyone is capable of being a winner all the time like me,” I goaded, grinning like a mad woman.

“Ummm… Again, it’s a kiddie game. Not like you won something that requires a real skill let alone uses any real form of thinking…”

“Someone sounds like a spoilsport,” I taunted, “And no skill?” I asked scoffing. “It takes mad skill! Be jealous… Be very jealous that you’ll never win against me! For I am the Queen of the Hippos!” Sticking out my tongue I completed one more bootie shake as he stared at me as if I had lost my mind.

I won’t lie, if I had lost I would have been pissed. I am very much a spoilsport and would have moped about it and begged for a rematch until he finally caved. And then I would have done a repeat if he had beaten me again and so on and so forth. The fact that James was taking his ass beating so well to me was truly admirable.

“So, what now?” James asked dragging me out of my musings.

“We could play again, though I’ll probably just beat you again and I’m not sure you could handle that…” I trailed off sending him a cocky smirk and a saucy wink.

“Haha, you’re just a riot of laughs now, aren’t you?” He asked sarcastically while putting the game away in its box.

God I loved that game. I had been shocked to see it hidden under a table by the stairs after breakfast and demanded we play.  And damn I still ruled at it, hadn’t lost my touch at all.

“Oh yeah, a real laugh a minute. They call me ‘Christy the Laugh-inator’ cause I just can’t be stopped.” I boasted even though it was a complete load of rubbish.  If anything I was ‘Christy the Dork-inator’.

“Sure they do… You just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better,” He retorted condescendingly while chuckling lightly at my expense.

Crossing my arms I fake pouted while fighting back a grin that was trying to overtake my face… If I wasn’t careful it was going to eat it…

Reaching over, James latched onto my cheek and gave it a good pinch causing me to squeak and swat his hand away harshly in protest.

“What the hell was that?” I demanded, feeling thoroughly horrified and almost violated that he had just done that. I thought only old aunts and grandmas who wore too much lipstick dared to do such a thing! It was heinous act against cheeks nationwide!

“You were just so cute while you were pouting, you were all but begging for it! Couldn’t seem to help myself,” He teased looking adorable as his eyes twinkled in amusement. 

I had never seen him so lighthearted and I couldn’t help the smile that stretched across my face and softened my features one by one, or the pounding of my heart as it tried to beat its way out of my chest.