Chapter 34 - Maria Ferrari

Christina's POV

As I walk into my apartment my emotions start to get the best of me.   I feel myself start to breakdown but I can't let it happen.  I will not let Antonio get the best of me.  Fuck you Antonio!  I thought I loved you, now I know I was wrong.  In the back of my mind I knew I was with you for the wrong reasons.   In a matter of days Harry showed me how I am supposed to be treated and now that is gone too.

Be strong Christina!  You know it wouldn't have worked out with Harry anyway.  I mean come on...  this is Harry Styles we are talking about...  a man who could have any woman he wanted...  better it ends now before I am totally in love with that man and really get my heart broken.

Who am I kidding?  He already had my heart.  I just have to put his happiness before mine.   Jeff will never let us be.  Never. 

Damn, I never sent my proofs of Ed to Rolling Stone.   I run into the darkroom so I can send them off right away and as I walk in the images of that night hits me like a ton of bricks.   My darkroom is a mess.   I feel the tears coming to my eyes and I refuse to let Antonio make me feel any less.   I just keep repeating "Fuck you Antonio" over and over until I send the email off with the proofs.   I am going to make him pay for what he did to me.   Don't let the Ferrari in me come out...

I pack a suitcase and call a car.  I have to get out of here quickly.  I walk out of my building and they are already here.  Do they ever fucking go home?

"Miss Ferrari!!  Miss Ferrari!!!  Did you cheat on your boyfriend with Harry Styles?"  OMG really?

"Christina, are you and Harry Styles a couple now?"  Fuck...

"Where is Harry?  Why do you have a suitcase?  Are you leaving Harry?"   Don't show it...  keep a straight face...

"Ms. Ferrari is your father working with Harry Styles?"   WTF....

"Ms. Ferrari!!!  Ms. Ferrari!!!  Christina!!!  Are you going to let Antonio get away with what he did to you?

With that question, I stop dead in my tracks and look over to the reporter and say, "Antonio Ponti will pay for what he has done to me!".  

I jump in the car and tell the driver to take me to Brooklyn...

*********************

I arrive at my parent's house and then remember my mother is going to have heart failure when she sees my face.   Damn, I should have put some make up on.    I get out the car and grab my bag and walk towards the door.  I am about to put my key in the door when it swings open and my mother is standing there with her hand over her mouth and her eyes as big as saucers when she sees my face.

Oh God,  I should have went somewhere else.   She grabs me and squeezes the hell out of me while crying into my shoulder.   "Ma...   Ma...  Maaaaaaaa... Please stop crying.  I am okay.  It looks worse than what it is.   Maaaaaaa..."   I pull my mother back and take her by the arm and walk into the house.

I sit my mother down and explain the whole situation, well less the intimate parts about Harry.  I could never talk to my mother about sex.  I let my mother know that I am going to stay a few days until I figure out what I am going to do about everything.  

I never thought I could feel so much for someone so quickly.  My heart hurts already.

My mother tells me to go lay down and relax and she is going to start dinner.  "But Ma it is only 6am.  It is too early to start cooking dinner".  She looks at me like I have two heads.  "Christina, you know I cook everything from scratch!   If I don't start now, everything won't be ready by dinner time!"  Why are you wearing those clothes?  OMG, take off your clothes and let me wash them.   Are you hungry?  Christina when was the last time you cut your hair?  Oh Christina, it is so nice to have you home for a couple of days!!!  Go take off your shoes, you know I don't like shoes on my rug!  Now go lay down, I love you!" she yells at me.