Chapter 23.3 - The Call Ⅲ

Not even waiting to be out of the apartment, Izo directly teleports to the basement of Marchen Inc. Auction House. Taking a deep breath, Izo tries to not salivate over the new money in her bank account. Izo knew better than anyone that the money could be easily used up at just a moment's notice.

Izo heads to the Market Tab and uses gold coins not GC's to purchase items from the Auction House. Though her gold coin reservoir would be low for a bit, Izo really needed to make as much as money as she could while the Auction house was a hot commodity. Sooner or later something new would be the latest fashion trend in Emerald City and Izo needed to cement the solidity of the Auction house into everyone's mind before then.

Satisfied with her purchases, Izo heads up to the vault and dumps the items out of her inventory. With a smile, Izo texts Flora and Thomas that she'd bought in new items into the vault that needed to be put into inventory and sold. Not waiting for a reply from either of them Izo waves to Mr. Smith on her way up to the alchemist's floor. Mr. Smith nods politely back to the owner as he plots on how to upgrade the auction house's defenses to incorporate flesh-eating robots.

As soon as Izo arrives the alchemists perk up as Izo holds out a folder with some of her own alchemy recipes and quite a few she had bought in bulk from the God Market tab. As soon as Izo hands them over the alchemists fall onto the recipes like piranhas.

"Make sure to give out the useable recipes to my partners to sell at their auctions and the harder one's keep in store for us to make," Izo ordered on their way out.

The alchemists faintly nod their heads in reply as their minds are blown by the carefully jotted recipes they did not think were even a remote possibility in real life. More than one alchemist desperately wanted to meet the mysterious alchemist friend of the owner, but the owner was so secretive none dared ask. The alchemists could only hope that if they showed enough initiative and impressed the owner with their hard work that Miss Reed would allow them to meet the genius alchemist responsible for all these alchemy recipes.

Izo heads back downstairs to find to find two breathless figures waiting for her in the lobby. Thomas gasps out of breath as Flora points her finger at Izo and accusingly says, "Miss Reed, you can't drop something like this on us! Do you have any idea what you just added to the vault?!"

"Yes," Izo dead-panned replied.

Thomas glares at the thin woman but flinches as Izo meets his gaze. Thomas glances at Flora and says, "Well, we better get to work. I have the feeling we're going to be busy."

Flora nods her head crisply in reply and adds, "Miss Reed please warn us beforehand before dropping such a delicate situation on us." Turning away, Flora's hooves echo loudly in the lobby as Flora and Thomas head to the elevator to reach the vault down below and sort the items in the vault.

Flora and Thomas wouldn't just be busy cataloging items in the vault but summoned creatures contained within Monster Compasses as well. The Monster Compasses would have to be carefully cataloged before given over to Crush to handle. But even worse, Miss Reed had dumped close to 1000 items into the vault of incredibly high value. It was enough to give anyone a headache, but for the two of them, it was a heart attack. They knew they would be working overtime to catalog everything in the vault. Which wasn't a bad thing, but just made them uneasy with the amount of wealth and item rarity they were dealing with. It sucked to be an employee at times with such a thoughtless boss.

*

With a spring in her step, Izo pretends to walk out of the Auction house but just teleports into the basement. Back in the basement Izo pulls up the dungeon interface and decides to add five more level's after the 14th floor to put between the former 15th dungeon floor and that of the now 20th and final floor that holds the dungeon/temple core.

Izo knew she needs to buy serious firepower this time around to keep S-Class adventurers away from her dungeon core especially given that the dungeon had been made public. Izo sits down and ponders on just what she needs to buy. After a while, Izo decides to work backward.

Well for certain the 19th floor will have a dragon. Izo purchases a massive mountain range with an enormous forest and lake filled with a vast food supply to feed the Bone Dragon. However, what made Izo almost cry was buying an equally large treasury and undead crypt filled with lesser minions including Skelton Knights plus a Liche for the Black Dragon to control. [In Izo's humble opinion, that Bone Dragon had better do its job or Izo was going to use the bone dragon to make magical bone accessories to sell and gain back some of the lost revenue.]

The 18th floor is transformed into a haven for Chimera Ant's. The Queen of the ant hive was an evolved Chimera Ant with a humanoid form matching an S-class ranker. Her knights and royal workers were giant scorpion-like knights of sorts. A single Knight rivaled an A-class ranker and a single royal worker rivaled a B-Class ranker. While the worker ants, where giant C-Class level monsters with deadly poison capable of easily eating a man in half. The sheer amount of worker ants could easily overwhelm even a powerful S-class ranker and devour him or her alive. That was why Chimera Ant nests were destroyed the moment they were spotted not because of their evolving nature, but because of their spawning rate.

The 17th dungeon level is transformed into a bitter Iceland filled with ice creatures and one single boss monster, the Frost Hydra. Not only is the Frost Hydra difficult to kill as it regenerates endlessly and has ice magic, but the very icy tundra made it difficult to defeat the Hydra.

The 16th floor is filled with a creepy foggy forest filled with Beholder's, (a giant eye with tentacles attached to hundreds of eyes!) The hypnotic mind control creatures are easy to deal with in the sunlight, but in the darkness of a spook forest, the creature are difficult to deal with as as they vanish into the fog. Beholders can turn team members against each other or slowly suck the life out of someone.

The 15th floor which used to be the final floor was transformed into a simple grassland filled with a peaceful giant creatures and one giant! Let's just say, the giant man was rather territorial about anyone touching his goats. The giant wasn't so much battle combat oriented but magic immune and with impossible giant strength. One single kick and an adventurer was turned into a bloody pancake.

Izo tried to ignore that fact that just five new floors in the dungeon had sucked her dry of 1 million GC's. Izo was really hoping that her investments would pay off as she had also upped security on the 8th floor to protect the temple and the temple followers. Reminding herself that it was for a good cause, Izo adds the remaining amount to keep the dungeon function for the month. It would now cost 100,000 GC's per month to keep the dungeon a float. It doesn't sound that bad until one does the math and realizes that just 10 months is one million GC's invested into the dungeon.

Izo glances at her watch and sighs to herself, time was up. Climbing to her feet, Izo teleports out of the basement and a block away from Treon Plaza. Hopefully, it was just them inviting her to lunch. Because after her productive morning, Izo was hungry again and was in the mood for something tasty.