Q&A with John Flanagan

Past Friday there was a live Facebook chat with John Flanagan at 2PM AEDT. So I, being the idiot that I am, woke up at 5:30AM so that I could take part in it. From 6-7AM I literally threw my head against the wall several times, because gosh some things were just so funny. Here are a couple of fun/good questions and their answers. Enjoy!

(((Imagine my reaction when I asked a question and he replied, and I replied, and he replied, and I replied, and he replied again! And he liked a couple of my replies! I love the man)))

>>>---------->

Rose: "Hi Mr. Flanagan, good afternoon! First of all, thank you so much for this! Fans have been burning to ask some questions and since some of them can't ask them here themselves due to lack of Facebook or because of time zones, I have woken up before 6AM (I live in the Netherlands) to ask the questions for them :). The first and probably most burning question is: Is there any chance we'll see Alyss back? Maybe in some sort of flashback (like Erak's Ransom) or in a Brotherband book?"

JF: "If I ever do another book of short stories, you never know! JF"

>>>---------->

Rose: "Some other questions I was requested to ask...:

1) Is there a release date for more books?

2) Which book is your favourite?

3) Do Gilan and Jenny ever get married?

4) Might we get a book on Halt's training under Pritchard?

Thanks so much from everyone who wasn't able to participate in this live stream!!!"

JF: "1. Mid next year! 2. All of them. 3. I do hope they will, she's a very strong willed woman, that Jenny. And who'd do the catering? 4. I don't think so, I think we've got enough training now. JF"

Rose: "Oh that's SO exciting! And I'm betting Master Chubb will be allowed to do the catering - if he sticks to Jenny's recipes, anyways. Under no circumstances he would be allowed to use any more herbs than she wants, after all, less is more. And if she didn't stay in the kitchen to keep an eye on everything until she was practically dragged out of it... Love the couple anyway! Gilan and Jenny were quite a surprise and yet perfect all the same!"

JF: "Good answer. Do you think Jenny is going to walk down the aisle with a ladle in her hand ready to clock Gilan if he displeases her? JF"

Rose: "Hmm tough one. I'd say yes, because Jenny without a ladle is like a Ranger without his cloak, however, on the other hand, I also do think this could be one rare moment where she doesn't have it... in sight. Maybe hidden? Regardless of whether she does or doesn't, however, we all know that Gilan would never ever do anything that displeases Jenny."

Jessamine Remminga: "Maybe she'll have the ladle hok on her arm like old fashioned brides had that little sachet thingy?"

Rose: "In her hair XD" (liked by JF)

JF: "Jenny will abide by the old rule: something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue... and a ladle."

>>>---------->

Julia Robinson: "Hi, Gilan is my favourite character and I was wondering if you had any plans of writing a prequel about his training as a Ranger?"

JF: "I think I'm almost done with training - though there will be more with Maddie coming up. Gilan does feature heavily in the next Royal Ranger book, so watch this space. JF"