Chapter 70: Battle Royale

My mana total was now 30,009. Currently, I had 29,436 left after keeping the barrier up for a while and making the two arenas.

     I had no idea what type of fighter Flo was, but I bet it would be fun to find out. She at least seemed to be as powerful as Kitri, which was good. I would be able to expend a lot of mana today.

     Flo and I took our positions in the barrier, the arena being at least a few hundred feet in diameter to accompany the different fighting styles and ranges used. The stands were a few feet away from that, hundreds of people watching because there were spriggan a here. Who would miss this?

     And so, the hundred or so employees plus double their amount of villagers and family, made for a really big crowd. I had to reconstruct it so that the arena was like a mini sports stadium, and took the opportunity to make the diameter a bit bigger so that I could fight for real.

     There was lots of chattering everywhere, people having taken their vacation time to attend the tournament that the Libellules had constructed in twenty minutes. The organizers were children, but it was bound to be interesting. They all looked a bit skeptical when they saw me (a small child) and this beautiful spriggan in the ring. The men were gaping at Flo while being smacked by their wives, the village girls blushing and staying very far away from Kitri because of embarrassment. The thing is, all of them came back after they drove themselves off because of David, then came back with even more friends. I could see at least forty blushing girls all in one group.

     "Oh come on, you attention freak," I rolled my eyes at Flo. "Let's get this party started." I cracked my knuckles as a grin appeared on my face.

     "I will not dally any longer," Flo looked over to the nervous judge, unsure when he should stop the fight because I was putting myself in danger. He knew I was strong because of how much mana I could use, but no clue just how much I could display. Did I even know how to fight? "Call it."

     "The two participants, Firea and Florence, please step forward."

     We did, shaking hands before going to our sides of the large ring and waiting. Father, Mother, Thérèse, and the rest were watching from the side with curious looks on their faces. I was trying desperately to keep my smile under wraps, but it wasn't working.

     Kitri knew exactly what I was thinking after I called out, "Flo, you're strong, right? You can take a punch? And a kick?"

     She scoffed, saying, "Of course I can. Kitri wasn't the only one taking care of Basusda!"

     "So that means I don't have to hold back that much?!" My grin spread and my fists curled as I started planning out a whole new fight. Strategy Queen came out to play!

     Kitri yelled out from behind my parents, "Fir! Don't get any weird ideas, she isn't as strong as you might think! You still have to hold back!" Everyone looked skeptical when they saw my face, crestfallen, lose its smile. "We don't want any accidents here, even if you are the best healer there is!"

     "Brother! Are you calling me weak?!" Flo looked peeved.

     "In no way are you weak. It's just Firea who's too strong..." Kitri sighed.

     "Okay, fine, I'll hold back...a bit."

    "What?!" Kitri's head snapped up when he heard me say that.

     "Ref! Call the match!"

     Before Kitri gets over here!

     "Match, start!"