a s s a u l t

Cleo = Italics

Everyone else = Bold

At the time of verbal attack she had been confident, defending her truth against all of the lies that had shaped her into some sort of witch. Now, not so much. She was frightened. Her mind was rapidly attempting to calculate how long a human body could last without food or water. How long had she been in there? She had no clue.

Yet, as she sat hunched in the locker that confined her she couldn't quite bring herself to regret her decision. It was a decision that she would continue to make, even when it led to her demise.

"I'm not going to do this anymore. I think it's time I stopped lying to myself, to you. It's not fair on either of us."

"Do what?"

"What on earth is she on about?"

"The make-up must be getting to her head."

"I...I cant. Be your Queen, your leader. I...I've been your source of blame for too long. And...and it's getting out of hand now. Now it's not just limited to school. You've taken it to my home as well."

"What the hell is she on about?"

"Who the hell does she think she is?"

"What a selfish pig. What more does she want from us? We practically worship her; what more could she possibly want?"

"Foul git, accusing us of stuff we haven't done."

"But, you have. The messages I've been receiving, it's...it's not right. I need to end this."

"Stop bloody accusing us of stuff we haven't done!"

"But you have, and I can see why you would hate me but you need to understand that none of it is tr-"

"We've done no such thing."

"Damn right we haven't."

"Well you have...not all of you. But definitely some of you. Don't you get it? Hiding behind a username doesn't make it right. Just because I don't reply doesn't mean that I haven't seen it, that it doesn't hurt. Y...you can't just go around sending messages and talking trash and unleashing degrading comments when you haven't even checked to see if the rumors are true first."

"Why are you accusing us?"

"If anything, we should be accusing you."

"All you do is mess everything up."

"N-no, I don't."

"Yes you do!"

"Of course you do!"

"How could she say that she doesn't?"

"She sleeps with our boyfriends!"

"She messes up our grades!"

"She blackmails us into things that we don't want to do!"

"She insults us on a daily basis!"

"WHEN HAVE YOU SEEN ME DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS?"

"Lies. Liar. Even worse than a witch. She's a liar."

"We don't put up with liars."

"Shut up witch."

"Just shut your big, fat, lying mouth."

"That's getting a bit aggressive now, isn't it? Can't we all j-"

"Oh look, she isn't so tough after all, she's getting out her phone."

"What you gonna do, call the police on us?"

"Well, guess what? The only thing they're gonna do is arrest you because you're the lying, deceiving little wench that got yourself here in the first place."

"You did this to yourself!"

"You're a disgrace!"

"We can't let her taint our lives any longer!"

"Come on, pick up. Pick up."

"Is she crying?"

"Aw...how sad. THINK OF HOW YOU MADE US CRY, YOU LITTLE-"

"How about we put her away for a while?"

"Yeah!"

"So that no one else can be harmed by her lies!"

"No...no. Wait."

"If you want to lie about who you really are, so be it."

They shoved her into the locker.