Chapter Twenty|| Stealing Crowns

{Aurora's POV}

The light beaming through the curtains was how I was woken up. I groaned stretching my arms out grabbing the nearest pillow and pulled it towards me, stuffing my face into it. Jackson's scent swarmed through my nose and a smile tugged onto my face.

It was weird staying in his room, but I liked it...

After debating to get up out of bed, I finally managed to pull myself up. Rubbing my eyes, I let out yet another sigh and threw the covers back climbing out and headed towards the door.

I went next door to my room and took a quick shower.

After, I tied my wet hair up into a messy bun and pulled on some jeans and a shirt and walked downstairs for some breakfast.

As I made my way into the kitchen, I noticed Jackson's beta sat by the bar reading a newspaper.

"Good morning, Luna." He spoke and I cocked an eyebrow as I pulled some orange juice from the fridge.

"Morning." I mumbled and grabbed me a glass starting to pour some.

"Jackson told me that when you wake to notify you that he made it to the War Pack and that he wanted you to watch over training today with me." He said and my brows furrowed.

He wanted me to look over training? Why?

"Uh why?" I asked curiously and grabbed some bacon that was already made and put it onto a plate and went and sat at the kitchen table.

"He says you can help people while he isn't here. Apparently you have a gift like his."

He thinks I'm smart? Like his smart?

"Oh... okay." I trailed off and he nodded standing and looked at his watch.

"Training starts at two. Im going to do a perimeter check with some others." I nodded once more and he turned on his heels heading off.

***

I looked over the people are they sparred. My arms were folded and I sighed.

"You two!" I called out to a pair in the middle and they turned to look at me. "Come here." I spoke and they gave a small head bow and headed over. I wanted to roll my eyes.

"You're keeping your punches. If you loosened your left arm some you will get in a harder punch." I told him and turned to look at the other guy.

"You're too slow with your moves. When he comes for you, you want to make it sharp when you move. Not loose and definitely not slow. Now go redo your spar." I commanded and they nodded and sure enough with the newfound information they were sparring perfectly. I grinned moving onto a new pair.

"You really have a hold on things. You're perfect for the job. Like Jackson himself." Jackson's beta, Zander, said walking up beside me.

I gave him faint smile and turned my attention back towards the field.

"They're good fighters, you know." I replied and he nodded.

"With a little tweaking, they'll be even better." He said and I nodded once more.

My mind drifted to Jackson. I wonder what he was doing now. I felt like a lovesick puppy.

How embarrassing.

Love is for the weak. I was always taught that and here I am falling for him.

What if I lose him too? What if he turns on me? I'd be finished after that. Completely shattered and broken.