Eternity

You stared up at the ceiling that was above your bed. Tears started to form in your eyes as the memory of your partner who would always lay beside you appeared in your mind.

It has been 20 years since you've last seen him. Within that time frame, your children had gotten married and had kids of their own. Some of your grandchildren had the honor of meeting your husband before his time came. Those children now have a spouse of their own. Your eldest grandchild is even pregnant with her first kid.

A smile slowly creeped up onto your face as you recalled how proud you were of your entire family. You felt a gentle hand lay on top of yours, and turned your head to face that person.

"Hi mom." Your eldest, and only son, smiled down to you. You smiled back up to him, to weak to talk.

You being in your early nineties, had developed a type of cancer. For people your age, there is a little guaranteed of survival. Instead of listening to your children who insisted that you got treatment to get rid of it, you only smiled to them and said, "Please don't try to make decisions for me my dears. Besides, I think it's about time for me to go and be with your father."  

"Mother," came a feminine voice from within the room. Recognizing it immediatly, you smiled. Your eldest daughter stood in the door way, holding the hand of her eldest daughters hand.

They walked up to the bed, and your granddaughter's eyes started to become blurry with the tears that were forming.

You shakily lifted your right arm up towards her, and she immediately grabbed it. You smiled at her.

'Don't cry for me, child.' You mouthed to her. Your granddaughter smiled back, blinked a couple of times, and wiped the tears from her eyes.

No one else came to visit you. It was only those people, those who loved close to you. Your other family members would have to come by plane. They all knew the family would be together again soon.

A light shown in the corner of the room, as a too familiar figure stepped into the room.

"Hello, my love." Mikleo said as he continued to walk over towards you. Your eyes followed him as he made his way across the room.

"Mom," your son questioned with worry in his voice. "What are you looking at?"

You smiled as you started to twist with the ring that was on your left hand. You never took your eyes off of your husband.

The ring you were playing with was the ring that Mikleo's mother had given you when she was laying on her death bed.

You slowly took it off of your hand. Your granddaughter had left the side of the bed to be with her mother. The two of them held each other close.

You lifted your hand and pointed to your granddaughter. She let go of her mother and slowly walked over to you. When she got close to you. You reached for her hand, and pulled it close to you. You turned it over to that her palm was showing, and put your gifted ring in her hand. You then closed her hand, and dropped it.

You could tell that your granddaughter was trying not to cry. So smiled at her and mouthed, 'I love you.'

You turned your head to the right side as you felt a tap on the shoulder. You smiled as Mikleo when you saw his extended hand.

Realizing that he was gonna take you home, you turned your head back towards your family. You smiled at them and once again mouthed 'I love you.'

You made sure to look each and every one of them in the eye when you said that. After giving them a final smile, you turned your head back to Mikleo, lifted your hand and placed it in his, and lifted your self out of bed.

Mikleo pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged him back. You left his embrace when you heard the sob of your family members behind you.

You turned to look at all of them surrounding your limo body on the bed, hand and head still turned to where you and Mikleo were standing.

"We'll see them again one day, Y/N." Mikleo said as he grabbed your right hand.

"I know that, my love." You sighed and turned back towards him. "I just hate seeing them cry."

Mikleo smiled as he lifted his head to look at everyone that was in the room. He then pulled your hand and started to walk.

You followed him as he led the two of you towards the light. Before you stepped into it, a breeze filled the room and everyone who was crying stopped.

You heard wind chimes in the distance as you turned one last time to look at everyone in the room. To your surprise, they were all looking in your direction.

You smiled at them. They all smiled back as tears started to flow out of their eyes. Mikleo gently tightened his grasp on you, pulled you closer to the light.

"Come now darling, we'll see them again someday." Mikleo whispered to you.

"I know love," you turned around to look him into the eyes. "When their time comes, they'll be joining us in the eternity of life."

Mikleo smiled at you and leaned down to press a gently kiss on the top of your forehead. You closed your eyes and sighed in content.

He then pulled away, and the two of you walked through the light together. This would be your life from now on. Just you and Mikleo, until the time came for your children to walk through.

{A/N: On that note, sorry if this chapter offended any of you!
I'm also sorry that this is a short chapter, being that its final word count was under 1000.
Also, the K-Pop world lost one of its beloved stars today. I'm not much of a fan of that genre of music, but quite a few of my friends were upset.... So RIP Jonghyun, and may you rest in peace.}