Chapter 11- "The Slap and Run"

"Hey, I'm sorry Dave. I got you into this mess." I said, already feeling as though I've lost a battle.
"Hey no it's fine. Trust me okay?" Said Dave as he started making his way towards me, his eyes burning into my eyes.
"What?" I asked confused, taking a step.
"And please don't slap me after this." Said Dave in a hurry.
"Dave wha-" my question was suddenly muffled when Dave grabbed my cheeks, and placed his lips on mine.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

I tried to struggle against him, but he didn't budge, instead, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, I extended my claws ready to sink it into his body, when I heard the police officer's footsteps, that's when I realized what Dave was doing.

I kept my lips shut, but tried to visibly relaxed into his embrace, while my insides were churning with anger.

The police officer was getting closer, and Dave pulled away from me and said "relax just long enough for him to pass us. Unless you want to be admitted into the psych ward." And before I could reply, his lips were once again on mine.

With eyes closed, I found myself fantasizing about Demitrey. Imagining his arms around me, his soft lips on mine.

I moaned at the thought of him holding me possessively, kissing me, and claiming me, letting the world know that I was his.

I suddenly molded into Dave's arms, my arms wrapping around his neck, as I kissed him openly.

His stiff arms relaxed around me, and for a minute, we actually fit like a couple.

A few steps near us, I heard the officer clear his throat awkwardly as he said "eh hem... ex-exsuse me. We're looking for a patient that could be of or in potential danger. Have you seen her?" But we didn't reply, our lips were still locked.

"Excuse me?" The officer said. Yet he received no reply.

He tapped on Dave's shoulder, by the feeling of his finger brushing against my arm that dangled around Dave's neck.

Dave placed on an exasperated mask, and looked over at the officer, while I turned my face away from them.

"No, I haven't seen her. As you can see, I've been a little uh... busy." Said Dave, as he emphasized the word busy.

The officer once again cleared his throat in a very uncomfortable manner as his cheeks inflamed then said, "of course. I apologize. Carry on." Then with quick hasty steps, the officer scurried away.

The second he was out of sight, I pulled Dave close and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine, then my fist connected straight with his nose.

He fell down to the ground and groaned in pain, as blood instantly gushed out of his nose.

I stared down at him in digust, as I warned "Don't you ever, I mean never, touch me like that again, or next time, I won't be so nice." Then I hurried down the stairs, until I reached a back door, where I emerged into a parking lot.

*Dave's pnt. Of view*

The minute Adelina was out of sight, I pulled out my phone, and dialed Clarissa's number.

She picked up on the second ring with a "talk to me."
"You never told me Adelina had balls, I thought only her wolf was vicious." I accused.

She chuckled on the phone and said "I never said she couldn't defend herself. That bitch kills people with her bare claws, even when her wolf is not in control. Did I miss that little detail?"
"Uh yeah. We were getting chased by police officers, and we got trapped in the stairs, and I kissed her to use as a cover, the minute the police officer was gone, she kneed me in the balls, and punched me in the nose, I think she broke it! Such an ungrateful bitch." I grumbled into the phone.
"Wait. You kissed her?! Dave! I thought we agreed, you weren't going to get involved. You're not falling for her too are you?" Asked Clarissa in a warning tone.
"Of course not. I told you, it was just a cover, and anyways, do you want me to get her to you or not? Because if so, I'm going to start playing this game by my own rules." I said, in a very confident manner.
"Well, good luck with that. That girl is not someone to play with. You get involved, she'll be the reason for your death." Said Clarissa.
"Yeah? Well we shall see then." And just like that I hung up the phone, and headed downstairs.

*Adelina's one. Of view*

It took a second before Dave emerged from that door, he was acting sort of suspiscious, and when I asked what took so long, he simply replied "just dodging the cops." But I could tell something wasn't right.

We weaved our way through the parked vehicles until we reached his. With caution, I climbed into his truck, and silently, we exit the hospital.

We didn't talk as we drove for miles, it wasn't until a while later, when both our stomachs grumbled simultaneously that we pulled over to a small cafe to eat, and since I was kidnapped, I was broke, which in turn meant that Dave had to pay.

There was an awkward and very tense air hanging around us, and Dave's nose was bruised over the bridge, and it looked as if it was broken, since it was sort of crooked to the left, instead of straight.

The waitress looked as though she couldn't bare the thought of working her job. She was chewing loudly, and popping bubbles with her gum, that had probably lost it's flavor years ago. She had dark red hair with make up that did not compliment her hair color or skin tone, and she had a huge wart on her right cheek.

When she looked over at Dave, her eyes widened, she straightened herself up and with a cigarette scratched voice and the stench of smoke she spoke up and said nasally "Hey handsome." She even winked!

I noticed Dave's uncomfortable gaze, and I couldn't help it when a chuckle came out. I tried to hold it in and instead fake it off as though it was a cough when both their heads turned my way.

The waitress attempted to roll her eyes, but instead it came off as though she was having a seizure.

"What would you like to eat?" She once again faced Dave, with a look that I guess was meant to seduce him, but instead made him shuffle further from her in a very disgusted manner.

I kicked him under the table and he grunted, when his eyes met mine, I knew he wasn't amused, and I couldn't hold it in, I burst into laughter.

I haven't laughed so hard in a while, so the muscles in my stomach started to protest, as tears started forming in my eyes.

I tried to breathe  in but it came out as a wheeze.

The lady looked at me in shock then used that as an excuse to place her hand on Dave's arm as she said "is your sister okay?"

Oh my!

I doubled into even more laughter.

The few people in the restaurant started to turn my way as I tried to articulate an explanation.

"Sh-she- *wheeze* s- s- said *wheeze* I'm- hi- s- s-ister! Ha! *wheeze* li-ke c-can't you be a-ny *wheeze* m-more- thirsty! *wheeze* or d-d-des-pa-rate *wheeze*" I laughed so much I became light headed, and at some point I almost fell to the ground.

A few seconds later, a lady sitting a table down from us started to chuckle softly, which then turned into a full blown laughter.

The laughing bug traveled from table to table until the entire food place was laughing.

Dave slowly peeled her chipped manicured fingers from around his arm, and with a dramatic gasp, she snacked him with her notebook and walked away causing a new wave of laughter to grow out of us.

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Dear babies... I am back!

I missed you guys so much!

But semester is over, passed all my classes so babes, let the celebration begin!

Did you guys miss me?

And what did you think for a warm up chapter? Adelina is back! And she's out of the hospital! What did you think of what happened in the cafe with the waitress? Would you have laughed if you were in Adelina's shoes?

P.S.: updates will once again go back to its regular scheduling.

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.