C. 13

"Saskia?"Y/N mumbles loud enough to hear. Why was she here?

She nods her head, her hazel eyes bright. Saskia smiles a cunning smile, showing white teeth.

"How about we catch up, hm?"

***

Stripped away from her thoughts, she pales at her sickly smile, Y/N tightens her jaw.

Saskia and she have always had a rivalry, that never really had a reason for being there. They just never got along when they were younger. She isn't sure why she would come to visit, even her true friends never came. Why would someone who disliked her come to 'catch up'?

"Can I sit by you?

"No."

She stares past Saskia and at the wall behind her. It's very interesting suddenly. Was that crack there before? There were 143 cracks in the wall.

Saskia clenches her fists at her side, she sees pink nails digging at her palms. She's angry. Her eyes flash before she quickly looks away from Y/N's sharp gaze.

"You can't just come waltzing in here after 3 years and say you want to 'catch up'. We didn't even talk to each other, to begin with, so why are you even here?"Her voice is even, flat and her arms are numb at her sides and her mind feels broken. Seeing somebody she had known before the incident was troubling. She wanted to forget. Forget everything from then and even now.

Perhaps, forgetting the things that broke her would make everything okay.

Saskia almost looked humored, making Y/N feel more nauseous than before.

"Wouldn't you like to know..."She starts to say, her voice drawling as if trying to tempt her," Who butchered your family like animals? Huh?"

Her throat grows tight and she refused to speak. Saskia always loved to mess with her and she was taking advantage of the position she was in. She has always been cruel, her father and mother had split up when she was young and she always craved attention because of it. Saskia wasn't right in the head, she had this sick, stomach-retching humor. Always has.

"It may surprise you,"

She ignores her.

"I know him, very well."

She ignores her again, pushing away the intriguing feeling pulling at her. She's just messing with her. There's no way that she knows who killed them. That information was foreign to her, even if she had the chance to learn who had done it, she knows she will only seek for a drop of vengeance. She didn't want that. Yearning for revenge was a feeling she hated.

"Just ask and I'll tell you."Saskia steps in front of Y/N, who glares up at her dully. Saskia scoffs in annoyance, "You don't want to know who murdered your family?"

"I do, but sometimes I don't because telling me who murdered my family won't change anything. It won't change the hatred I have for them. It won't change the fact that I'm here because of them. It won't change the fact that my family is dead. It won't change anything. Now get out of my face and leave."She spits out, her eyes burn and she feels her self-control fading away. She repeats in her head to calm down, yet her heart felt too heavy.

Saskia still has that smug, pleased expression plastered on her face. She ignores what she had just said and continues."Wouldn't you like to know who got to hear their screams and cries for help?"She leans in, drops her voice to barely a whisper, "Wouldn't you like to know who made them bleed and thrash around?"