Chapter 71: Welcome to the After Party

Here's how the rest of the party went:

All the people either came inside or went home, during that time it was already night so many soldiers protected their families while walking back to the village a bit aways from here. None of them were too injured or exhausted to be on full alert once I distributed some mana potions I'd made. The ones Adoray made were disgusting, so I just had to add some flavors to it. I hoped it didn't affect how well its recovery process was and worked.

The soldiers were marching all happily and expending lots of energy after that for some reason. Their family members were exasperated that their sons and daughters were bouncy and constantly looking around.

"Can't help it," one boy shrugged, armor clinking a bit, "I have sooooo much energy that I don't see how I'll go to bed tonight!"

Listening to that, I spoke to the people next to me as they walked off. "Next time, I won't put so much mana in them..."

"You put your mana in them? All of them?"

"Well, yeah? Otherwise I would've been in the kitchen for days to make those. It only took a few minutes to whip those up."

"A few minutes, she says..."

"No, the important thing is the days part," I countered to Thérèse. "I was worrying if it would be affected by the lack of fermenting time, but I guess not."

"Whatever," the maid shook her head. "Let's get inside. There's a party to get to."

After that, there was a cake that the cooks made and a few presents going around, people running around and calling out in the night because they knew they had nothing to worry about with me constantly running and checking the barrier. I remembered that we never used the arena in the forest because it got intense with Mother raring to go and everything, so I decided to deconstruct the one we used and leave that one after making sure it wouldn't deteriorate for at least a few months.

From Chord and Louise, I received another flower chain. This one was even more decorated with the gardener's precious magnolias, so to preserve it I put a fresh coat of hardened mana over it sturdy enough so it wouldn't break even if a crane fell on it. That made it sparkle and everything, so the girls were entertained just rubbing their fingers on it and watching it. I placed it on Louise's head and she looked like a fairy princess.

They went off playing, Hera and Adri dead in bed because of mana exhaustion. I saved them some cake for later, then just went back to the small party. Since the cooks had made a big cake, I made whoever was there take a slice and even then there was still a layer left big enough for me to wrap my arms around.

"How did you guys make this?"

"Magic."

That phrase would've meant to be a childish tease to baffle someone in my other world, now it was literal.

I shrugged and then just went on with the party, cheering for whoever dared to step up and play an instrument of some sort since we were in the main hall, filled with maids and cooks and whatever you call male maids. It was like a party for nobility, with everyone around and having fun. Except, they were not nobility.

Who was I to care?

I just had fun and played with Milo, who was walking more steadily these days after reaching one and almost a half years of age. I led him around carefully, everyone sure not to step on him. His white hair was down to his shoulders by now since his mother let no one cut it. He was a little angel with his clothing, something that absolutely symboled "son of a duke."