Chapter 52

Hey guys!

I'm sorry it's been so long, this chapter took a tooooon of hard work and revisions! I tried to get it perfect for you guys but any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading and thank you for 9k reads also!!

Hope you enjoy <3

***

Previously on The Bracelet...

*

When I first wake up, my conscience comes to me slowly.

My eyes peel open as though they've been glued shut, and every muscle in my body aches horribly. For a moment, I can't see anything; my vision is completely clouded with a blackish static.

But oddly enough, I can still hear that same cold laugh. Even through the grogginess that contorts my mind, it sounds as loud and clear as it did in my dream.

This is when I try to lift my arm.

However, I find myself unable to. And after a few more moments, I realize that I can't move any part of my body at all.

As my conscience returns to me completely, I look downwards, and with horror, see that all of my limbs have been strapped to a wooden chair.

Even more horrifically, though, is that I suddenly hear the all-too familiar laugh I'd heard in my dream only minutes ago.

The only difference is that this time, I'm not dreaming.

Slowly, I realize that I'm not in my bed anymore.

In fact, I'm nowhere near Hogwarts at all.

***

Jennifer's POV -

As I realize this, my heart sinks to my stomach.

I start to jerk my arms back and forth with frustration, but the restraints won't come loose. I struggle, more and more with each second that the ties holding me down don't release, until my wrists and ankles are raw.

Cries of frustration escape my lips, and I can't seem to stop fighting until -

A slender finger slides beneath my chin, tapping lightly.

"You can struggle all you want," A rough voice whispers, "But 'tsnot gonna get you anywhere."

I stare down at my lap, suddenly paralyzed.

I know the gruff voice from somewhere, and wherever that place may be, it's giving me a terrible feeling of dread.

Suddenly, the hand grips my jaw harshly, yanking my head upwards.

The man standing before me is only inches away from my face. He looks scruffy, and his face is hollow and sunken in. There are several cuts on his forehead.

A deep, gravelly chuckle blows past his lips as he studies me, sending a wretched wave of hot breath across my face.

"Shit," He smirks, and I can tell he's not speaking to me. "It really is her."