seven

07

VIOLA ANONYMOUS

GENEVIEVE HAWKINS LISTENS INTENTLY to her best friend, eyes wide in all her goddess like glory

GENEVIEVE HAWKINS LISTENS INTENTLY to her best friend, eyes wide in all her goddess like glory. She nods and hums, digesting each singular word that frantically spills out of Viola's mouth, managing to stifle every giggle and snort that threatens to stream unattractively out of her pink plump lips.

"It's probably just a pre-teen pranker, Vi. Don't overthink the whole thing." Genevieve eyes her best friend with a sympathetic look, patting her shoulder softly as a light smile morphs into the youthful features of her porcelain skin. The dreamy colour of her green eyes stands out far more than the light hazel of Viola's, a trait that she can't help but envy in silence.

"It doesn't seem like just a prank though." Viola nibbles on her lower lip, tapping her long fingers on the park-style bench they are sat at. The chair is leant against a large tree, the stiff morning sun blanketing the mundane existence below.

Viola grumbles at the buzz of her phone, rummaging deep in her pocket as the noise of her best friend rambling on about something along the lines of greasy pre-pubescent teen boys drowns out in the background. A small frown falls upon her face, eyebrows furrowing in sync with the crinkling of her eyes.

you left your lunch money at home sweetie
[8:37am]

Viola huffs at the few words her mother sent her, reaching up to scratch the top of her head in frustration. She types a quick reply and slips the mobile back into the pocket of her school blazer, a deep sigh flowing from her mouth.

As she picks up her school bag from the perfectly manicured grass, the first warning bell rings and Viola watches the panicked bustle of students rush into the large building. The sun's rays dance across the olive skin of her face and she sighs at the single moment of peacefulness, but is soon interrupted when she feels a hand placed gently on her shoulder.

"Hey Vi, you alright? You spaced out on me a little bit." Genevieve turns Viola's body until she is facing her, a confused expression etched into her dainty features.

Viola gives a tight nod as a small laugh falls from her pink parted lips. "You're right, it's probably just a prank." The two teenage girls walk across the school's courtyard and into the havoc of Mercy Crest High School, a heavy weight on Viola's chest as she feels it might not be a joke after all.