Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Leera’s POV

Rolling over, I snuggled into the sheets further. My bed was never as comfy as this- then I remembered I wasn’t in my room; I was at the House of Wolves.

Great

Pushing the warm, fluffy sheets off my body, I stretched like a cat, and walked into the en-suit. The cool tiles of the room, contrasted with the warm woolly carpet I had previously walked on. Striping out of my clothes, I tuned the shower on full, and stepped in, hissing when the boiling hot water ran over my bare skin.

Wrapping a towel around me, I shakily stepped into ‘my’ room, I chose random clothes and put them on, not bothering to look at my appearance, I headed downstairs looking intently at my map of the building.

“Ooff!” I gasped when I bumped into a body, straightening up; I looked down to see a small, fragile looking girl- with a disgust scowl on her face.

Well that just ruins her whole appearance.

“Watch where you’re going, commoner!” she snarled, and stomped away, tripping slightly when she lost balance on her 5 inch stilettoes. Coughing, I tried to hold my laugh in, when she huffed, and continued down the corridor. Poor girl thought that because she had a high status, that she was better than me.

She probably was just an airhead inside, I felt sorry for her mate- he’ll have to chain her down, or drug her. Still smirking, I made my way down the stairs, and into a large room that smelt like some sort of posh buffet. Sniffing the air, I smelt waffles, fruit, hot chocolate, and muffins. The room was set out like a restaurant, there were people chatting on elegantly styled tables and chairs.

“Hey, what are you doing sniffing the air? I know for sure that you haven’t shifted- otherwise you wouldn’t be here” a loud, curious voice, broke me out of my daydreaming.

“Well…ahhh…I sort of have very heightened senses?” I said stupidly, looking at the girl next to me- she was gorgeous, she had baby blue eyes, and straight red hair that went to her mid-back. She was small, and petite- but in a natural way. Not like the girl I had bumped into before, she looked like she starved herself.

“Whoa…that’s so cool! What’s it like? I’ve only got the average senses of a human- it sucks” she moaned, glaring at the ground slightly.

“I guess it’s like you’ve already shifted- without the shifted a part, if that makes sense” I explained, squinting my eyes to think of a better way of explaining it- it’s an old habit.

“Wish I had that” she muttered “That would have saved me from going through all my brothers stuff, to find out if he stole my diary or not- would’ve caught him in a minute” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, stomping her foot childishly.

“It’s not all what it cracks out to be” I mused “there are times when…you really wished you didn’t have them- especially the smelling part” I said disgusted, remembering things I really wished I didn’t.

“Oh…ouch, that’s must have been harsh” she shuddered, widening her eyes comically “come on, let’s go and get something to eat!” she chirped happily- god she was bipolar!

“Sure” I said, following her. “How long have you been here?” I asked, interested.

“Since the 20th, my parents forced me to come early- they’re all about me finding my mate. I just think they want to get rid of me” she said lightly, as if she had said this way too many times.

“Who are your parents?” I asked, catching up to her.

“The Beta’s of the Blue Diamond pack” she grumbled, I chocked, most people knew who the Blue Diamond pack were- they were one of the biggest packs- under the Full moon pack, the biggest, and most powerful pack in the world.