Rockabye

(Matilda's POV)
So today Nick flys over for boarding school, I won't get to see him until tomorrow tho. But right now I'm busy, I had my wisdom teeth out last week and now there are bruises on my jaw dad and I are going out today so I'm trying to cover them with concealer. It's not working.
"To hell with it" I say and continue applying the rest of my make up. I finish my makeup, it's just natural colours, I pull my black hair into a ponytail and curl the ends. Dad and I are meeting with the owners of a dance studio I'm auditioning for. I go back into my bedroom and through my black leotard into my dance bag, my pointe shoes, jazz shoes, tap shoes, flat ballet shoes, and toe panties. I check my reflection in the mirror, shot! I forgot deodorant! I quickly pull the purple tube out of my dresser and do three stokes in each armpit.
There a soft tapping noise at my door "Matilda are you ready to go?" Dad asks through the door, I sling my dance bag across my shoulder and open the door.
"Yup I'm ready to go."

{~~~}
We pulled up in-front of bring building, It looked to have two stories. Dad parked the car and we walked together hand in hand. We entered the building, and an older woman with short blond hair greeted us at the front desk. "Hi I'm Vanessa," she greets standing up and shaking my hand "you must be Matilda and Tom. "The teacher is just with a class, you can watch through that window if you want." She says pointing to a small glass widow.
"Thanks, is there any place where I can change?"
"Ya the bathrooms are right around the corner." She replies with a smile. I walk around the corner and change in the small bathroom, I come out and Tom and the teacher are standing at the counter talking, their conversation seems leisurely enough. The teacher is on the older side but she seems incredibly fit. She turns and smiles when I walk in the room,
"Matilda come with me," she says waving me into the dance studio. I follow her in leaving Dad with Vanessa. "I'm Mrs Raine, I own the studio, I teach ballet as well. I understand that you have pervious dance training is that correct?" She's asks plugging her computer into he speaker.
"Yes ma'am, I trained in RAD for 5 years and Chicceti for 2."
"Did you do pointe?" I nod my head and stand waiting for further instructions. "Very well, no I would like to asses your skills to determine where to place you. Put on your pointe shoes please." I do as she says I tie my shoes, crossing the silk straps over one another. Man I've missed this. She asks me to do various things like balance with my eyes closed, hold third arabesque while standing on my toes. "Very nice, you have lovely feet Matilda. Now I'm going to place you with the intermediate competitive team, for ballet, lyrical, and jazz. I'm also going to have the tap teacher come in. Sit tight she will be here in a moment, I do believe she's just finishing with a class." Mrs Raine unplugs her laptop and leaves the studio, I take off my pointe shoes and put on my taps instead. I've had these shoes for years, so they are starting to wear out. I stand up and warm up my feet going over all the moves that I leant over the years. I wait for the teacher watching the door, anxiously waiting for a chance to prove myself. The door opens and a young girl probably in her twenties, comes in carrying her tap shoes, a coffee, and a purple three ring binder.
"Hi sorry I'm late," she has a heavy Irish accent "I'm Shae Lynn the tap teacher", she opens her binder and flips to a page shoving her glasses onto her face. "Your Matilda right?"
   "That's me yes." I say, watching Shae Lynn go through her binder.
   "Where are you from? Because your clearly not English." She accuses, dropping the binder on the floor and plugging her iPad into the speaker.
   "I'm Canadian." I state simply clicking my tongue.
   "Very cool, now we should probably get  started, I have a class in 45 minuets."

The next 45 minuets was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, Shae Lynn had me doing things like, single wings, pick ups across the floor, she asked me to do as many toe stand as I could in 30 seconds, that number was 67 by the way. By the end of my assessment I was sweaty and out of breath. Shae Lynn wrote a few things down in her note book before looking up at me, "Matilda I'm going to place you in both the advanced and intermediate tap," Shae Lynn says pushing her glasses up "I feel like it would be beneficial to the team to have you in both levels. That is all, oh and welcome Turning Point." She smiles and leaves the room in a flurry. I pull my tap shoes off my sweaty feet and stuff them into my bag. I open the door and Tom is standing there with a goofy grin plastered on to his face.
   "Matilda that was brilliant to watch." He says "I'd hug you but your all sweaty"
"Ah it's okay, I'll go change then we can go ya?" I say walking back to the bathroom. I change out of my sweaty leotard and back into my street clothes. He hands me a pieced paper, it's a requirement sheet; all the clothes I need.
"Cool I have all these already," I say shoving the paper in my dance bag.
"Or we could just get you new clothes." Dad suggested. Waving good bye to Vanessa, we walk out to the car dad, insisting that I get new dance clothes. This debate last the whole way to the restaurant (celebration dinner),
   "Okay jeez fine I'll get new clothes." I say throwing my hands up in dismay. Dad cocks his eyebrow and laughs,
   "I never thought I would have to talk my teenage daughter into getting new dance clothes." Dad say opening his menu. I open mine and start browsing through the options.
   "Ya  But I really am fine with the things I have now." I say again. Dad gives me the 'don't you dare face' and then glances down again. "So on Wednesday we have to go back to dentists there ready to put on your braces." I roll my head and let out a frustrated sigh. 
    "no puedo ni ahora mismo" the rest of dinner was alright, it was kind of tense I'm incredibly peeved off about my braces, and the fact that I have to get new dances clothes. Which is wired, I love getting new dance clothes.