half / 10

"How's everything, Quinn?" I asked the blonde across the table who just resumed her class after her recovery.

The familiar forest eyes shifted up to mine. I gulped at the intensity of them. It seemed like she knew something that she isn't supposed to know. I wondered if they were the kind of siblings that tells each other's everything. Well, there was nothing to tell anymore because Khloe and I were already friends.

Yup, friends. That's possibly the start of everything good... I hope.

Shit! No, girl. What type of 'good' were you referring? Of course, we could be best of friends. Khloe is a cool friend. She was someone between famous and infamous. Her popularity alone was above average among the students, even among teachers. Heck, she was so fine as an individual!

"Are you okay, Ry??" I heard my captain questioned me as she waved her hand in front of me. She got my attention immediately. "My girlfriend is talking to you."

I coughed to hide my embarrassment. "S-Sorry, I just can't stop thinking about Tiana."

YEAH! Stop thinking about her!

"I was so shocked that we both decided to come back here as soon as possible," Arisa recalled with a frown, then pointed her attention to Quinn beside her. "It's a relief that Quinn finally recovered."

"We visited her yesterday as soon as we landed. I wish that she gets out of the coma already. Bailey is so devastated," Quinn said, shaking her head in sympathy.

I gripped my disposable fork before taking a spoonful of shrimp ricotta pasta in my mouth. Strangely, the taste was so bland. Did the chef in our school cafeteria had a foul mood today? Or maybe I just didn't have an appetite to eat anything because of the current situation. Our friend, Bailey, refused to come to school because she had to be with Tiana and I completely understood her.

However, everything that was happening caused us to feel distraught. The school felt so cold and dark without Tiana goofing around. Since the school started this morning, everyone was giving us an apologetic acknowledgement and low nods. It was so annoying to the point I chose to ignore them after second period. I could even feel the glances of the students eating around us.

Tiana was still fighting for her life. She survived the car accident and she didn't die. So I couldn't understand why they have to pity us like we lost our friend.

I gave out a sigh. I just watched my friends across my table, then rolled my eyes at their sweetness. In all years I knew Arisa, I'd never seen her serving anyone but at this moment, she was peeling off the apple for Quinn to eat. The sweetheart blonde was obviously enjoying how whipped my captain is for her.

In summary, without Tiana and Bailey, I have to suffer being a third wheel. Kill me now!

And to make it worse, my parents wanted me to focus on my studies and any romantic contacts are prohibited. I was ranked third last year, and as usual Arisa was the ace. I just have to beat the person who was next to her. And that would be my new friend, Khloe Summer.

Her above average grade was the obstacle I had to bring down this senior year. Maybe it was really better that we ended our weird and confusing relationship. She could be a distraction. We better off friends.

But it didn't mean I had to comply with my parents' wishes. I could date someone without being committed. I was very confident about myself. With my long blonde hair, icy eyes, mannequin face and to-die-for body, I could get anyone I like.

The problem was, I couldn't find anyone I like. They were all... They were seemed bland like the pasta I was eating at the moment. Don't get me wrong! I had a few relationships before and they ended without any hard feelings. I guess...