138 | thoughts

it was getting closer to maisies plane flight to Chicago. she was excited to get out of town and see joe again after so long without him.

she had been so consumed in castings for new projects that she didn't have time to think or have time to herself, she was excited for the plane journey just to spend some quality time with herself.

she was also nervous for many, many reasons. she was nervous to meet joes family after he had met hers, he felt like they were moving too fast and that meeting his parents was too soon, but she needed to remind herself that she wasn't going to meet his family specifically, she was going to see finn and joe, kinda. she also wasn't entirely sure how a relationship worked first hand after not ever being in one, so she was constantly paranoid and insecure that she was doing the wrong thing, even though she had no clue what the right thing was either.

she was also nervous to hear back from her auditions she had gone for, lindsey had put her in for some independent english movies and some other ones. she had also suggested some shows for maisie to do just on the off chance she'd get it.

maisie couldn't believe how her life had changed since stranger things. she felt as though she needed to talk to someone about all her thoughts and feelings because she felt like she hadn't got to do that recently, she needed to let out all her emotions, good and bad to get the suffocating feeling away from her chest. she needed to do it soon, and she was going to.

she was a little disappointed that she didnt get to spend as much time as she hoped with her family, but then again they did have their own life too so it couldn't be helped.

in all honesty, maisie felt a little lost and a little overwhelmed at everything going on.

she just needed to see joe, to let it all out and for some time to escape from reality.