Bonus Chapter 5

Draco's POV: (a few weeks later)

I watched Hermione sleep.

It was almost midnight now.

She finally fell asleep.

My little wife has been doing anything she can to distract herself from our loss.

Earlier in the night, we debated if we should use a pregnancy spell or not. She wanted to because she was afraid something like that would happen again, but she had accepted that the cancer was not her fault. I didn't want to use the pregnancy spell, and let fate choose if we should have another baby so soon.

Hermione agreed.

She was starting to finally emotionally heal. She accepted that his death was not her fault and that it happens sometimes.

I held my little wife to my chest, so she leaned her head on my bare chest and molded her body to mine. I dragged my fingers up and down her back.

"I love you," I whispered.

I buried my nose in her hair before I tried to get some sleep.

~ * ~ * ~

When I woke the next morning, I realized Lucky was snuggled up to Hermione's other side. Hermione was holding onto both of us in her sleep.

Lucky was staring right at me as he snuggled more into Hermione. I pulled Hermione just a hair closer to me. Lucky moved just a little closer.

I glared at him.

"Will you guys stop fighting over me?" Hermione hummed.

"Sorry, love," I muttered.

Lucky snuggled closer to her.

"Paws off my wife, dog," I warned.

Hermione snorted loudly and sat up. I grinned and sat up with her. She got out of bed and started to gather her clothes off the floor. She put them in the hamper before she started pulling clothes out of her dresser.

"Get dressed, Draco, I have plans for today," Hermione ordered.

I swiftly got out of bed and found an outfit that matched hers. We were both wearing green shirts and jeans.

Hermione grabbed the dog leash and a green bandana. After Lucky was set to leave, we all set out.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked as Hermione walked Lucky.

"We're going to Diagon Alley to meet up with a friend of mine."

That shocked me. She hasn't told me she had any friends that were still alive.

"I have a few friends that survived... I found out the other day, and when Ron came to our house. I think I have four...? Then Neville contacted me last n8ght and asked us to meet up with them."

"Which ones?" I asked excitedly.

This would be good for her.

"Charlie, Neville, Hagrid, and I think they said Cho survived," my little wife listed.

"That's great! Are you nervous at all?"

Hermione nodded quickly.

"Yeah... I'm just so different... I don't even think they will recognize me... Will I even recognize them?" She fretted.

"I'll be right there with you," I assured her.

She nodded and kept walking. Once we made it to the Leaky Couldron, we went through to Diagon Alley.

Hermione's hand grabbed mine tightly, and she bit the inside of her cheek. She lead the way to the old ice cream shop. About a block away, I could see a group of people outside.

Hermione started walking a bit slower. She was more anxous than she let on.

Neville was the first to spot us. A huge grin spread across his face. As we got closer, I realized that there were four people there.

I spotted Neville, Charlie, Hagrid... and one other, but it wasn't Cho. Hermione spotted the other person too, but she obviously recognized him first.

"Harry?!"