Chapter 28

Elizabeth released the breath of air that she was holding as soon as the door closed behind her. With her hands behind her back still upon the handle she stood there for a moment, composing herself. 

Why had she said yes for an entire weekend? Not just a simple date? 

She could slap herself at this point. 

It wasn't soon after she saw the mountains that they arrived at their destination. It had been a rather large hotel which James just "happened" to be the owner of.

Apparently, he had booked them separate rooms but with a door that connected them. After seeing the look on her face he reassured her that it had a lock on it. Also that he wouldn't dare.

Now she was up in her room, by herself. She looked around the room and noticed that it was, in fact, a rather large suite. Her eyes raked over the large leather couch, to the tv and then on to the bathroom door. Curiosity struck her as she went over to it, with outstretched arm she opened the door. 

The sight before her was something to behold. The bathroom was large, with a gigantic bathtub and shower behind it. She racked her hand over the marble sink as she walked through the room. Almost lost in thought she wandered through it, taking every little detail in. 

It was only when her phone buzzed that she snapped out of her trance. She looked down at it and noticed that it was a text from James. After they had arrived at the hotel things had gone rather quickly and soon he had to leave due to him being called. If it was not for the fact that she knew how important those calls could be, she would have been offended. But this time she wasn't he really seemed to have cleared his schedule for her and she knew from experience that that was no easy task. 

So he had walked her all the way up to her room. He had stood before her, he had even come in closer as she stood with her back towards the door. The two of them had been joking about something unrelated and they were simply enjoying each others company. Right at that moment, she didn't know what was about to happen, but she didn't really care. It wasn't until his phone rang that she had snapped out of it. 

At first, he wanted to ignore it. But then the phone went off a second time, and so he excused himself and took the call. After a quick "goodnight!" he went into his room and she went into hers. 

But now he had texted her. She opened her phone and noticed that it was quite a short text.

Tomorrow I'll come to pick you up at 8  for breakfast. 

She smiled as she set the alarm for the following day. 

It wasn't until 7:30 that she realized something. What on earth should she wear? She didn't know what they were gonna do and she didn't really bring anything either. 

But then right when she wanted to text James and ask him, she saw he had sent her a text;

I almost forgot, check the closet. 

Puzzled Elizabeth looked around the room before finding the walk-in closet. But instead of finding it empty, as usual in hotels, it was fully filled. The funny thing was that though half of the clothes looked like they would fit in at a gala. The other half seemed to resemble cowgirl clothes. 

What are we gonna do? Ride a horse?  She thought sarcastically as she took some of the clothes out of the rack. 

Even though she thought it was slightly creepy he got the size and everything right, she did like the style he chose. I mean the country western wasn't really her thing, but these clothes she liked. 

So after she had dressed in a gray tank top, blue jeans and a flannel shirt she felt ready. And at exactly 8:00 on the dot, he knocked on her door. 

"Goodmorning gorgeous." He said as she opened her door. "See I could guess these sizes, with Natalie's help of course, but we still need to get you some boots."

A small chuckle escaped Elizabeth as she looked him over. His usual suit had been replaced with a similar outfit as hers. Though it looked good on him,  it was kind of strange seeing him like this. 

"What are you laughing at?" He said in a fake southern drawl, causing her to start laughing a little bit louder. "It's just so out of character." She said. 

"Well I thought you might like that." He said smiling. 

The two of them sat down at breakfast at around 8:15 and where done at around 8:45. During this time Elizabeth had asked James all sorts of questions about what they were gonna do, but all of them went unanswered. 

It wasn't until their where nearly back at their rooms that James said, "Just be ready at nine, you don't need anything, just yourself and maybe your phone."

So just as he had told her, she was ready at nine. First, they bought a pair of boots and at this point, she kinda just assumed they were going horseback riding. 

But it was only when they arrived at the ranch that she noticed the name. McGregor Ranch. "You own a ranch?" She said turning to him. "No, I don't. It used to be my fathers but he gifted it to his best friend."