24. Vines with attitude

When Piper woke up she yawned and walked to the connected bathroom. She turned on the hot water and peeled off her old clothes, binning them from being torn and ragged and smelt like the fish that her hair smelt of.

After a very very long shower, most of which was either Piper staring into blank space before coming to, only to stare off into blank space again. Her thoughts were carried from how do we come up with names for things? Like why is a shoe called a shoe? To 'if I wanted to rob a bank this is how'.

"Penelope my dear, your using all the hot water." Magnus spoke through the door.

"Alright alright, I'm getting out." I yelled back and stepped into the steam filled bathroom. I put a towel around my body and then snapped my fingers and my hair was halfway dry, Then I realized I had no close with me.

Walking from the room in an annoyed manner, still in the towel I held my long hair in my hands. "Magnus I forgot to bring a spare-" I rammed into a tall muscular body and my towel slipped, I caught it in time to hold it around myself. "Alec!" I gasped and his eyes widened.

"Piper?" He said just as shocked and turned around as I fixed my towel and held it tightly. "I thought I locked you in my room."

"Oops." Magnus appeared holding my clothes. "I forgot to tell you that Alec was stopping by to ask me to be his sisters defense" Magnus passed me my clothes and Alec crossed his arms.

"Yeah, and now I'm going to take Piper back with me." He glared to the warlock.

Magnus held up a hand. "How about..not." Magnus spoke with self assured confidence. "In payment for defending your sister I need for you to allow Piper to head into the institute, and have full access to the east wing hallway." Alec shifted weight from side to side.

"Fine."

Magnus smiled. "Off you go, I have some matters to talk with Piper now." Alec grudgingly left and I went to my room and pulled on the black leggings and long blue shirt. After that I put on combat boots and put my stele in the side of it. Looking in the mirror I brushed my hair before braiding two Dutch braids down my back.

"What's In The east wing, and why did you want me to go there?" I asked Magnus as he passed me hot chocolate and a plate of pancakes.

"The east wing is off limits to everyone but the highest ranking in the institute, that's the lightwood family, lydia, and now yourself." I felt better from a good nights sleep and sugar.

"Sounds mysterious, I like it." I paused, thinking for a moment. "What exactly is in it?"

"A number of things from the Mona Lisa to paintings of shadow hunter history and weapons and all different things." Magnus shrugged, as if this was no big deal. "And I think you can find books."

Piper sputtered, "but I thought stuff like that was in museums." Magnus simply chuckled st the girl.

"Like the shadowhunters would let mundanes keep shadowhunters famous belongings. Bach, Michelangelo, Van Gough, Galileo, they all were shadowhunters. And the New York institute happens to house all the belongings of the most famous shadowhunters." Magnus looked at the girl in shock.

"I have to go, like...now." Piper cracked her knuckles and braces herself. Then with a sprint she ran at the wall-ran through it and when she could see again she was stumbling through the hub.

"I did it." The red head patted her arms and legs and stomach before looking at her reflection. "Yes! I did it. I did it. I did it." I danced In place before I heard coughing.

Turning around Isabelle and Alec regarded me with forced calmness. Izzy was the first to break, laughter slipping from her lips as her older brother chuckled. Then they quickly regained themselves. Izzy decked the red head and Piper let out a yelp of surprise.