Chapter 37

Lily:

Night life had woken up all around me but I refused to stop the strengthening exercises until I could at least make it to the rock and sit down. There were four rocks in total and I was aiming for the last one that resided in the middle of the Waterfall.

My body ached so badly that I was surprised I could still stand but I had begun to realize that staying inside of the water helped more than resting on the grass. Slowly the pain would ease and as I checked internally with my magic I realized that a magic I'd never seen before had sunk into my skin and muscles. Somehow I could see everything as though my skin was see-through and the magic pulsed in acknowledgment when my 'eyes' swept over it. 

After about the tenth observation of this magic I could only 'deduce' that this magic was entering through my sweat soaked pores that had begun absorbing the water element in order to heal the soreness pounded into my bones. 

It wasn't the water element though that clung to my insides like a glove after the healing was done. The magic that pulsed beneath the surface was a golden color which was completely different from the white energy of Light Element. This was a completely different thing I was observing. My only guess is that it's the 'element' men can so easily absorb. 

Wonder why this has never been discovered before?

(A/N: I need to add this author's note because it will never be answered EVER in this entire book otherwise. I'm answering Lily's question ^ The reason it has been undiscovered even though this element flows naturally within men is because men do it 'naturally'. An intrinsic part of their genetic make-up like breathing. They don't question how or why. I'm honestly not even sure how I actually breathe. I'm sure there's a logical reason. Maybe that first jump start from the doctor's at birth? Anyways, when women give birth they need a man with them for the birth for numerous reasons and none that have actually been completely figured out why, they just know they need a man to help give birth. During birthing the woman basically gives up all her left over magic to the baby and the man helps supply the magic, after canceling the null, to the baby and mother. It is usually timed either immediately after the baby is born or a few seconds before depending on gender. Immediately after if female and before if male. This is because the man will give either the woman his magic to sustain her before she 'reboots' or jump starts the 'sons' body and the mothers magic. If the man doesn't do this the child or mother can die. Male babies have died because the man tried to give magic to the woman AFTER giving birth and ended with a stillborn upon entering the world. Imagine the mother's body as a sort of 'shield' that can 'filter' the magic gently but upon entering the real world it's violently thrust on the baby instead. It's different for the females because they absorb more magic while inside the womb and can create a sort of protection with this magic. I call it 'Mothers Love' lol..  This is the best I can explain this. Honestly, I see how this works but I feel I fail at explaining the process that's going on in my head. Sorry for the long random Author's Note.)  

I stood back up and eyed the waterfall wearily. My hands clenched as I steeled my nerves. I'll definitely make it to that last rock and I'll sit down even if briefly. 

My vision zeroed down on that one spot as I slowly dredged through the downpour that pounded on my head and shoulders. It felt like someone was pelting boulders on the top of my head. I'm surprised that the pressure hadn't cracked my skin. 

Two more rocks to go. My legs warbled and started to slightly bend but I breathed heavily as I straightened them back out. 

That same magic seemed to soak into my skin as the beating continued in my trek across the slippery rocks. Since they were so slippery I had to practically shuffle across them. My vision begun to blur, either from the water obscuring it or from the massive migraine that had started up from the repeated beating I was subjecting myself to. 

It was right there in front of me. I could almost touch it. My knee slammed down and nearly knocked me off but I gripped the rock for dear life as the pressure seemed to double now that my body was more compacted. 

There was no dignity here for me and I wasn't expecting it from the way I was abusing my own body. I just hoped that no one was watching my embarrassing actions. 

Slowly, I slid my legs across the rock and got purchase of the last rock. My spine felt like it was about to snap. 

I'll definitely make it to this stupid rock though. With that thought I pulled my weight to the last rock, swung my body around so I was sitting and then immediately was thrust into the pool beneath. 

I'd sat on that last rock was my last thought before I passed out from the exertion. 

(A/N: Sorry it's short. I'm still super sick. Not all together sure if what I wrote even made sense.) Also just realized that this chapter was a draft before I published the Author's Note so it popped up before. I fixed it.