12. A regular merida

"No, no your training with Alec's bow and arrows. If you want to be a true shadowhunter you need to master more than one weapon." Grudgingly she complied and took the opposite side of the room.

"Now what?" She asked and he chuckled raising his sword.

"Try and shoot me." He put on a vest and she hesitated. A dagger flew at her and she dodged it. She let an arrow fly, he dodged it as well. Then she dropped the bow and ran at him with her swords. He paired them with his own picking up another to be equal.

Grunting when he kicked her in the gut. "Wow, really bonding." She winced blocking his swipes.

"Your holding back, trust me, I can take it." She was holding back. "You won't kill me, trust me." She agreed. She went on the offense hard, quickly making him back up before he swiped at her leg and cut through the fabric. She flew at him with re-newed energy enjoying the dance before he used a rune to knock her back, her swords skidding across the floor.

He wanted to play dirty. Jumping cat like she scooped up the bow and bounded onto one of the dividers that made up other rooms. She shoot three repetitive arrows he cut two of them before the third one hit the center of the vest. Piper was t tired, with a quick jump she made it to the balcony and fired more arrows before a dagger almost took out her gut. More daggers came and she jumped off the balcony letting a rain of arrows down on him cutting up his arm and leg and sticking in his vest before she twisted in the air twice before landing by her blades and quickly tossing her bow and arrow to the ground.

"I guess your better than I thought." He grunted as she disarmed him and placed one glowing blade to his neck and the other at his heart. He grabbed an arrow and scratched her ankle making her hiss as he drew back and got to his feet with his sword meeting hers with a ear splitting crack.

The two panted for breath, "You aren't tired are you?" He asked and she grinned, knowing it was time to let him have a break.

"I could do this all day." She grinned and he looked surprised underneath his confidence.

Clapping was heard and the two saw a woman with dark hair standing infront of Izzy and Clary.

"Well done Jace." She smiled hugging him. Alec walked In and held one of his broken arrows.

"Who shot my bow?" He asked and piper grinned at him.

"Nearly killed Jace twice, Although I let him tie." She watched the boy pull half of a broken arrow out of her own vest. "Thanks Lover." She winked and he rolled his eyes.

"Alec?" The woman asked and he went ridged before hugging her. "Lover?" She looked at me confused.

"She's kidding Mom." Izzy spoke and her mother nodded extending a hand.

"Maryse Lightwood." The red head shook her hand. "So rare that we see a red headed shadow hunter." She smiled at my hair that was in a bun.

Shit shit shot shit. She thought.

"Piper Fr-Fairchild." She corrected knowing that's what her mother went by in the shadowhunter world. "Well I guess just Piper now."

The woman looked shocked. "No, that's impossible!" Clary walked up beside me.

"Why?." The blonde said and the woman shook her head.

"N-nothing, she just reminded me of someone for a moment." She kept her eyes pinned to me and I tried to scoot behind Izzy. "Who did you say your parents were?"

"I didn't." I answered smartly, before crossing my arms.

"Piper was raised with clary and jocelyn, she's just found out that Jocelyn wasn't her biological mother. after we get the cup we'll figure her out." Jace said and he woman regained her cool collectiveness.

"Isabelle, Jace, I need you to go talk to the seelie and ask why they've stopped connecting." The woman obviously wasn't very motherly to her children.

"I can go with her." Alec cut in and she shook her head 'no'.

"No, your watching the Fairchild girl and Piper."

"Sisters." Clary corrected, smiling at Piper encouragingly, "we're still sisters." Piper appreciated that, it meant a lot the Clary still felt that way of her.

Alec rolled his eyes as his mother walked off with his sister and parabatai.

"I can't believe you're encouraging Isabelle to become parabatai with a Fairchild girl." She spoke as she walked and I dropped my jaw but Clary yanked me back.

Clary went down the hall and Alec sighed, looking at me with less coldness in his glare. "Your going to clean up the arrows and daggers, then your going to rune new ones." He pointed at me and my eyes narrowed.

"No, I'm not." I crossed my arms. "You can't make me."

He chuckled, "oh yes I can, as future leader of this institute, you will clean up this mess and make me new Arrows." He crosses his arms looking smug.

"Can he do that?" I Shouted at Hodge who looked between us.

"Yes."

I stormed off and started picking up broken arrows before throwing them in the trash. Then I sat down to work with my stele adding runes to new arrows.

After an hour and a half of mind melting boringness if fixing arrows I was finished. Clary whispered her plan to escape our babysitter before going off to 'train' with him.

As I walked through the training room he stopped me. "Where do you think your going Piper?" He sighed in annoyance.

I moved his hand. "To shower, unless you'd like to watch me do that too?" He rolled his eyes and I smirked making my way to my room.

In all fairness I did shower, I changed into a tank top and black pants pulling on my black Nike's and putting my quickly dried hair into a tight bun before doing sharp black shadowed eyes and painting my lips blood red before making sure to cover every mark with pale foundation. Then I ran out the door with Clary beside me. 

As I waited she ran up to me and we busted through the doors.

"I'll twintuition you when I'm done." Clary promised and I nodded as we both headed different ways. She headed to her art school and myself to my dance academy. "Good luck."

When I got to the building I ran to my locker and tore through my locker. I quickly changed into white tights and a black leotard then pulled on my black tutu that was pancake style and stuff glittering black before lacing up my black pointe shoes. I looked In the mirror at myself. "This is the most important day of my life."

When I got to the warm up room other girls were warming up in fancy attire like myself. Killing demons was no problem, learning I was orphan shadow hunter was just another tuesday.

Once changed I checked the time, I knew I was badly out of dance practice but this was a class taught by one of the finest dancers in the state. I would have to pull it together for this lifetime opportunity.