Chapter Eight

Real quick question! Do you guys want me to post a cast? Or do you prefer to imagine the characters on your own? I'm always iffy about this when it comes to stories. Let me know in the comments! ALSO thank you guys so much for the reads and votes. I appreciate you all!

Another night of me not recognizing myself. Melanie had done my make up beautifully, my dark red lipstick compliments my silver gown. It was beautiful and hit to the floor. It was fitted around the waist but was looser and flowy towards the bottom.

I walked downstairs and opened the door to his office

I walked downstairs and opened the door to his office. He was sitting at his computer before looking over at me. His eyes immediately clouded as he shamelessly looked over me.

"Come on, Knight, quit gawking we have a gala to attend." I teased with a smirk.

He had a smirk of his own now. "I don't think I can quit." His voice low and husky. "You sound very eager considering we're announcing our engagement."

I narrowed my eyes at him. I had completely forgot we were doing that! But I shrugged, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of my reaction. "Fine by me, I'll go back upstairs and watch Netflix."

"I can think of a lot of different things we could do besides go to this gala." He said suggestively.

Now I was blushing. "Let's go," I nearly whined, trying to stop the inevitable flirting between the two of us. It's no secret Alexander was handsome just as much as he is charming. I knew I'd have to watch myself to not be fooled by the persona. This next year was going to be difficult and I would be forcing myself to keep in mind that this is all just a game.

He chuckled as he got up, following me to the front door. "You look stunning," he said while putting his black suit jacket on.

"Thank you, you don't look half bad yourself."

The car pulled up to Diana's mansion and stopped at the curved driveway where someone opened the car door for us. As Alexander got out, he held a hand for me to take, but I got out of my own without taking it. I seemed to dislike the lack of response as he placed his hand on the small of my back and began pulling us forward and up the stairs.