Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Her small hands seemed pale as they lay on Logan's tanned chest. I couldn't see her face behind the tangle of dirty blonde hair that fell over her head as she nuzzled my mate's neck.

I felt my heart shattering which actually felt more like it was being torn tendon from tendon; my breathing becoming laboured. At the sudden sound of the door slamming against the wall as I shot in, they broke apart. The she wolf looked alarmed at my presence; her arousal still noticeable in the air as she struggled to grasp who I was.

"Get off of my mate!" I growled; my eyes turning black as my wolf went into defence mode. My vision blurred as I began to see red. There was so much anger building up inside of me that I didn't know who to chew out first.

She cringed as she recognised the authority that exuded from me, finally snapping out of her daze as that reminded her of who I was. "Luna, I didn't mean t-" She began to stutter.

I growled; moving to her side in a second. I grabbed the slut by the throat and threw her across the room; noticing that she was in nothing but underwear. "Didn't mean to what? Screw my mate?! Save it for the other whores you sleep with you little piece of shit!

I'm so not in the mood for your blubbering." I snapped; my claws lengthening. I retrieved the thin piece of fabric on the floor which must have been her dress and chucked that at her face. "Change and leave before I make sure you have to be carried out in pieces!" I ordered; watching her stumble to the bathroom with an irritated look on my face.

I turned back to see my mate looking relaxed on the bed; his swollen lips turned up at one side in a smirk. He looked not at all bothered with our current situation. "I thought you'd take longer to get back." He mumbled nonchalantly; pushing the covers off and getting to his feet. My chest tightened as he stood in only his boxers.

I pushed the pain down; not wanting him to see how much he was breaking me. I focused on the rage instead. "I wanted to come back to you as soon as I could. Though I can see how much I wasn't needed." I spat; my body trembling from how angry I was getting.

"I could still use your help, if that's really what you came back here to do." He sneered; coming over to grab my arm.

I reared back in disgust; ripping myself from his hold. "Don't touch me!" I shrieked; my face stuck in a sickened expression.

He chuckled darkly; still coming closer. "That's not what you said yesterday."

I narrowed my eyes, "Yeah, that was my mistake. It was before I knew my mate was still a dirty, cheating, asshole."

"Please, I've already heard that one, thousands of times... If you want to insult me, you have to do better than that." He grabbed a glass from the bedside table; amber liquid filling half of it.

"Are you drunk?" I demanded; sure that even alcohol couldn’t make behave this way. This isn't like the Logan I know, it’s like he's not even the same man I fell in love with. I said to my wolf; my human side incredibly vulnerable which was not what I could say for her.

Wake up, this is him! Even his wolf isn't bothered about us right now. She growled in response. I was taken aback by that; even if Logan didn't care about us, his wolf should. I saw him smirk to himself before he swallowed all of his drink.

"Nope." He said; the smirk still plastered on his lips as he turned to look at me. When he saw my stricken expression, his smirk turned into a full on, amused smile. "Aw... Are you going to cry now?"

My frown deepened. "When you were busy with 'pack business' was that bullshit ever really true or were you just off shanking some other slut where I couldn't find you?!" I asked; my voice quivering as I held back the anger.