#43 Against the rule

Aditya.

"We just walked to the trap!" Varsha panicked.

"Shh.." I said and grabbed her hand. "Hide" I said.

So both of us ran out of the room.

"This way!" Varsha said and I followed her again. We reached the terrace of her house and she guided me to hide in the terrace garden.

Both of us listened hard and started to hear voices.

"Don't alert the neighbours or police"

"But there's no signs of anyone here! The front and back doors are locked, I already questioned the watchman and he doesn't know anything "

"Don't complain and look around, Sir told us that varsha is here!" The leader guy said. "He said he's on his way here" He added.

Varsha.

I still can't believe what's going on, How can they know that I am here-

Sam!

My heart trembled as theories started to form in my head.

Sam knows the secret way inside, When my papa was missing, We have used the way countless time, He must have installed some sort of alarm to know if I visit my house!

"Aditya, I think I know-"

"Sam" Aditya gritted his teeth, "I figured that much, He's working for surya group" He said. "but that also means that we need to move"

"What do you mean?"

"He knows you well, Varsha, It's a matter of time before they reach here" He said.

Varsha.

"But I cant-" I stopped midway, Unable to complete my sentence.

There were sounds from the nearest room.

"There's no one here" One guy shouted.

"Nor here, No one is hiding upstairs" Another guy called out.

"The terrace" Someone said and we both froze.

"Shh..relax" Aditya said, holding my hand tightly. "I won't let you get hurt" He added.

I don't want you to get hurt, It's my fault that I wanted to come here.

we waited, Tensed.

I could hear people coming towards us.

Aditya tightened the hold on my hand and I clutched him unknowingly.

Suddenly there was an engine sound from outside.

"Sir is here" the leader guy said and footsteps retreated back.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Aditya.."

"Shh..come on" He dragged me out of there. "We need to move before they come back here"

"Let's inform police" I said. "Call suresh sir-"

"They can't rescue us, We don't have time"

But I can't hide in closed dark places! I am still afraid of darkness, That's why I selected the terrace to hide.

"But I am..I can't-"

"Trust me varsha, They don't suspect any danger now, We need to make them go back"

"But how?"

"They are assuming that we are here, We need to make sure that they can't find us here" He said. "Think about it, Varsha, What's the most unlikely place for you to hide? A place where sam can't guess?" He asked me.