Chapter 24.2 - The Raid Ⅱ

Izo's mind swiftly calms down as she ponders the situation carefully. If she could summon Pucca, then his parents couldn't very well blame her. The pact had already been made between a god, herself, and pucca. Besides if things got scary, Izo would not hesitate to involve the pink jelly.

Izo's gaze had become icy very fast causing Pucca to let out a chirp of fear. Izo's arrogant gaze moved onto Pucca making Pucca shiver with dread. What was his evil master planning?

"No matter the issue of your parents is only a minor setback," Izo calmly said causing Pucca's fur to fluff out with fear. "What was his master planning to do to his parents!?" Pucca fearfully thought.

Izo reaches over and pats the fluff ball failing to utterly notice Pucca shivering under her hand. Izo just thought it was a pet service the nice vibration sensation or maybe, Pucca was purring. Therefore, Izo continued to pet Pucca to allow Pucca to enjoy itself.

Just as Izo was relaxing a familiar ding is heard as a blue screen pops up in front of her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations! The Temple of Cthulhu has achieved 1,000 Followers.

Please open your inbox to receive your prize!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izo opens her inbox and reads the prize notification.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations Pope Psykosis!

The temple edifice on the 8th floor has automatically expanded to twice its size.

Please assign the following 2 titles:

Bishop – Guides the people and spreads the word. [No class grade requirements].

Knight – Protects the Church from threats must be B-class rank or higher.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izo almost chokes, this wasn't a prize, but another assignment! Izo sighs, but rather easily assigns the position of Bishop to the brownie priestess. The brownie priestess was rather good at her job and Izo wasn't about to take that away from her.

However, Izo was perplexed at finding a knight. Where is she going to find someone who can fulfill the requirements for that position? Izo pauses as her mind beings to connect dots rather sinisterly in her mind. Izo turns towards Pucca causing to shiver with dread.

"Pucca, let's go back to my unanswered questions, shall we?" Izo kindly mused out loud. Pucca lets an unhappy chirp as Izo pointedly adds, "You do remember my questions, don't you?

Pucca unhappily replies, "Yes."

"Oh good, so please start," Izo chided Pucca.

Pucca sniffs grumpily, but says, "As I already started, I am half-deity and half-demon. I possess abilities that constitute offensive abilities and defensive abilities."

"I see, but you haven't told me if you have any special abilities to aide me. You're supposed to be a helping subordinate," Izo accusingly stated.

Pucca sits up and curls its fluffy tail around its body. "I'm good at finding out people's secrets and recruiting subordinates," Pucca grumpily replied with regret. Back at home, no one would ever demand anything out of Pucca. Pucca had thousands of subordinates serving under Pucca and now, Pucca was here! Pucca should have never left home.

Izo's eyes brighten with glee as she says, "I need to find a knight for the temple. Now go and find one."

Pucca lets out a displeased chirp, but climbs off the couch and disappears into a grey mist doing as instructed. Izo nods with satisfaction and decides to postpone heading towards the dungeon for a day or two until the knight issue was solved. With a happy smile, Izo spends a day on the couch watching her tv shows loafing around on the couch.

*

James Duke walks out of the Emerald City Branch of the Adventure's guild having been asked to investigate the new dungeon that had cropped up outside of the city outskirts. New dungeons were known to pop up every now and then, but rarely so near a city. But what made this one more unique was that beyond the 8th dungeon floor it drastically increased to rival B-class, than A-class dungeons. The furthest dungeon floor that had been reached was 13th floor by a team of A-class adventurer's. The 13th floor was a floor made up of an ever-changing maze filled with ghosts, specters and other such creatures.

James had already been warned about the 2nd dungeon floor guardian which was posing a serious problem to adventurer party groups. The serious instruction that had been instructed to all B-class or higher groups is for the members of the party to pass the first 7th floors as solo members or limit their party to two members and regroup on the 8th floor as an entire group.

The group that had made it to the 13th floor had been the ones who had passed the suggestion along. From now, on that would become the rule for all higher adventurer parties that wished to reach the higher-level floors. Given the change, many parties were being sent back into the dungeon including the first group the Sky Knight's order.

James Duke suddenly stops and turns his head around and frowns. For a moment, he had sensed a pair of eyes on him, watching him. James carefully surveys the area around him but fails to notice anything else.

James warily turns away but glances back several times on his way back. Taking extra turns and the long way to his destination, James even stops and uses spells to track his tracker. However, nothing ever shows up which leads to only two possibilities. Either he was imagining things, or his pursuer was of a higher level than himself. But if so who could it be?