XXVIII

Inertia Louis
It took longer than I expected for Zach to fight back. To react to the torture I was making him undergo. But finally... He did react. Boy was the reaction worth the wait. He barged into my office anger oozing off his face. He looked red... Literally.

"I don't know why you're doing this but you've got to stop." Zach warned.

"May I remind you that you are standing in my office Mr. Miller."

"To hell with you office. You are giving me shit load of work and I haven't been able to sleep properly! Sometimes I even sleep over at the office! Is this what you want? You want me to crawl back to you so that I don't have to do a lot of work."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Work is work. Everyone works hard in this office." I pretended.

"Oh really?! Then why don't I see Reha, Aakash or Cassie stay back after working hours? Why don't I see them with bags under their eyes because they haven't slept in ages?!"

"Looks like there's no point pretending then." I shrugged.

"I want out. I want to leave." Zach said.

"Oh no, you're not spoiling my game. I won this place and you signed a contract with me. You know the breach amount is something you wouldn't be able to pay even if you gave away everything you have." I smirked.

"You know I thought you couldn't play any more dirtied. But what you're doing now, this is sadistic." Zach spat.

"And what you did?! You have ruined my life!"

"Oh for god sake stop overreacting! Just because I don't want to be with you anymore doesn't mean you try to destroy me."

"Oh you and I both know that's not the reason why I'm doing this."

"Then what is it?"

"You actually want me to tell you Zach? Are you not ashamed for what you did for money?" I asked.

"What money?" He asked confused.

"Don't act so dumb. I know you took moment from my mom to click pictures of you and me in bed." I reveled.

"What? I would never do that!" He exclaimed.

"Oh come on. When I said no point in pretending, it meant you too." I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm not pretending. You have to believe me. I didn't. I wouldn't do such a horrible thing money or not." He said. Before I could respond, my phone started ringing. So I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Ineria?"

"Yea, who is this?" I asked.

"It's Sky. We have a problem."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're telling me someone texted Ren saying that I am injured and told her to come home?" I asked.

"Yes, and she left her phone here in a hurry. When I heard your voicemail later I realised that someone tricked her." Sky explained.

"Are you sure she's headed home?" I asked.

"Yes, that's what the text asked, to head home."

"Mom." I growled.

"Now listen closely, wherever you are I want you to come to my house now, we have a very big problem to deal with." I said.

"I'll be there as soon as possible." Sky said and I hung up.

"Zach, I don't know if you're lying but right now I have a bigger problem. We'll talk about this later." I said and sprinted for my car.

If Ren sees mum, it's going to be a disaster. I have to protect her from that lady. I turned on my car and pushed the accelator harder than even. In full speed I moved towards my house. There is no way in hell Ren is reaching that bitch I call mother before me. However, in my rage what I didn't see was the car coming from the other side. I smashed into the car with full force and my car turned 360 degrees and my head smashed into the front glass. The roof of the car had alomost crushed my face and I could see practically nothing. With all the energy I had left within me, I managed to reach out to my phone and dial 911. Then, I blacked out.

THIRD PERSON POV

"Hello this is 911 please state your emergency." Inertia had managed to call 911 but wasn't able to talk.

"Hello, Ms.? This number is registered to Inertia Louis?"

"Miss, what is your emergency?"

'"Bethney there is no reply on this line." The call attendant told her colleague. 

"It is probably just a prank call." Bethney replied. 

"No, I don't know. It doesn't seem like one."

"I'll tell Styles to go over and check." Bethney said.

Inertia Louis

When the light returned to my eyes I was in an unfamiliar setting. As my vision cleared I realized I was actually in the hospital. My body ached in pain as I tried to get up but a soothing voice told me to lay back down. I laid back down and shut my eyes as if that would lessen the pain. When I finally opened my eyes again, I saw Ren and Zach both sitting the chairs next to my bed. I wanted to speak but a tube was attached to my throat. I saw Zach get up to call the doctor. The doctor injected me with something and once again my eyelids closed. When I woke up next, the tube from my throat was gone and the pain had lessened. Only Zach was in the room sleeping on the chair. 

"Z--Zach." I managed to croak out.

"Shit you're awake!"

"Isn't that a good thing?" 

"No... well yes.. shit I'll just call the doctor." He rushed outside and brought the doctor in. 

"Ms. Louis can you say what is written on these cards." The doctor asked showing me some cards and I replied to all of them correctly.

"What would you rate your pain to be on the scale of 1 to 10, 1 being mild pain to 10 being excruciating pain?" The doctor asked.

"Four." I replied.

"She looks fine. We have to run some blood tests as well as cognitive tests to ensure that no part of the brain has been damaged." The doctor sad looking a Zach and then left.

"What happened? How long was I out?" I asked.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked.

"Just my car crashing. Oh fuck Ren met mother didn't she?! I'm an complete idiot!" I cursed.

"Inertia, you have been in a coma for 2 years. Ren met your mom, Blake couldn't manage your businesses and they were going in losses so he sold them off and your mother manipulated Ren into leaving Sky and marrying a billionaire..."

"What the FUCK?!"

I think I might just blackout again...