Chapter 27

Eowyn

No POV

A few hours after Daeran passed out he woke up in legolas arms. “Daeran, how are you feeling?” Legolas asked. Daeran looked around them and noticed they were on their horse.

“Fine. What happened?” Daeran asked. “Dumbledore is dead” Daeran gasped and looked Legolas in the eyes. “You killed him?” Legolas nodded.

“But I couldn’t have done it without you little one.” “Me” Daeran asked blushing.

“Yes little one” “Daeran” Daeran turned and saw Estel moving towards them, while everyone looked on.

“Estel, I-I I’m sorry I was mad at you earlier.” Estel took Daeran in his arms. “It’s ok little one you were up set and I shouldn’t have been so harsh, I’m sorry.”

Daeran POV

When the group reached Helm’s deep Eowyn came running out a worried look on her face.

When she saw me she immediately relaxed. “Thanks goodness” I gave her a small smile. I had worried her and now I felt bad.

“I’m sorry Eowyn I didn’t mean to scare you like that” Eowyn smiled at me. “It’s alright darling, you're ok that’s all that matters.” I smiled back at her and with help dismounted the horse.

When everyone was off we made our way towards the throne room. King Eomer met us when we arrived. At least that’s what I believe his name was. “I assume everything went well”

“Yes sir Dumbledore has been defeated.” The king gave a small smile “Good. Now i’m sure all of you are very tired, please rest and tomorrow we will discuss this more.”

Everyone nodded their heads. That’s when Sirius came up to me. “How are you doing little one, that was quite a bit of magic you did.”

“I’m fine, just a little tired.”

“Then get some sleep alright” I smiled “Yes.”

The next morning I slept till lunch. It was amazing. I probably would have slept longer but Mrs. Weasley had come to get me.

“Time to get up little one, i'm sure you're very hungry” She helped me put my clothes on since I was still so tired.

We made our way towards the meal hall where everyone was. “Are you sure?” Estel was asking Sirius. Who nodded his head. “Yes I am”

“But Sirius”

“No I’ve made my decision.”

Curious as to what they were discussing I made my way over to the others Mrs. Weasley by my side. “Look who finally decided to join us” Thorin said in a joking tone.

I made my way over and sat next to him. “Yes it’s good to see you up and well” Estel said smiling. Mrs. Weasley brought me some food while I listened to what the others were discussing.

“If this is really what you want Sirius you know we will not try and force you to change your mind” Remus said. I wonder what they were talking about?

“What about the rest of you?” Balin asked. “I guess we will be leaving soon” Arthur said. That caused me to stop eating.

“You're leaving?” I asked “yes, little one. I wish we didn't have to go but this is not our home. Some of us have families we have to be with.” Mrs. Wesley answered.

“B-but” “it's alright Daeran I'll be staying” Sirius said smiling widely. I looked to him curiously “why don't you have a family.” Sirius shook his head “you are my family Daeran I will stay here and be with you.”

I nodded my head in understanding. Even though I was glad Sirius was staying, I was upset that the others were leaving.

“We will be leaving probably tomorrow, so don't fret.” Tonks said sitting next to Remus. “ok” I said in a small voice.

“but that means we can spend all day with you. How does that sound?” “that sounds great” I said in a cheerful tone, but on the inside I was crying.

When the time came for Me. and Mrs Weasley, Severus, Tonks and Remus to leave I was crying. Even though I didn't know them for long they felt so close to me even Severus who I barely spoke with.

“Maybe one day we'll come back and visit. I have a boy around your age” Mrs Weasley said years picking her eyes.

“Yes ma’am I would like that.” Hugs were exchanged all around as everyone said their goodbyes. “You take good care of him Sirius” Remus said moving towards the other.

Sirius along with radagast would be teaching me magic and I couldn’t wait. Sirius stood next to me as the wizard said the incantation.

The wind picked up suddenly, but was gone as quickly as it came. When I looked back they were gone. Everyone was silent after that for a few minutes. It was as if we were waiting for something to happen, but nothing did.

“Well, what do we do now?” Dori asked. “We head home” Legolas said leading the way to the horses and ponies waiting for us. The dwarves would be heading mack towards Erebor, Estel would be going back to his home Rivendell and would tell Lord Elrond of what occurred.

From what I could figure out Gandalf would be staying here to help with the rebuilding of Isengard. They would be replanting trees and make it look just as beautiful as it once was.

Legolas, Sirius and I would be going back to Mirkwood. ‘Home’ I thought that had a nice ring to it. Legolas and Sirius mounted their horses.

Eowyn passed me up to Legolas who wrapped his arm securely around me so I wouldn't fall. We walked out of Helm’s Deep and when we were far enough away we ran.

With the sun ahead of us and the wind on our back we headed home.

Now everything was perfect.

The End

Thank you everyone for all your support. I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I did.

If you liked the story please check out my next one. It follows Daeran and Legolas's story.
The story is titled The Prince.