BONUS| LILAH

One day can change everything 

***

This will probably make more sense if you have read 'Moon Child' so I apologize in advance to you readers who have not read it

I never believed in the fate that wolves spoke of when they discussed mates.

I never thought there was any 'other world forces' or 'each path was meant to cross'- 'things happen for a reason.'

I never believed in that.

But I'm not sure anymore.

To explain the whole story- I'll start with this.

I've only ever seen Atlas cry twice within my whole life.

The first, however- were not tears of sadness.

It was when Daisy had first made her appearance back.

When Jay was sick- dying and upon death's door.

Even when I watched my Alpha sit for hours at his father's side, talking to a man who no longer knew his face- he never once shed a tear.

Instead, his features grew harder and harder.

Until that day.

He let her upstairs and showed her to her broken mate. The results of their chaotic love.

And then he softly walked outside.

The calm was unnerving.

Deadly.

I stood there, tense and watching for what he would do next.

I think I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Atlas walk towards the woods.

Good, I thought, he's going to let out some of his energy. He's going to shift.

Instead, he walked up to the nearest trunk and started to repeatedly, without mercy, hit it.

Over and over, pounding the flesh of the bark, ripping it to shreds until his knuckles were bruised and hands were bloody.

I couldn't stop him.

I didn't even try.

And then he fell.

His forehead hit the tree on his way down, chipping just the side of his right eyebrow.

And the sight still sends shivers down me as he slowly got up- blood trickling down his face and splattered on his hands and shirt.

Without a word just holding the broken trunk, he had destroyed and staring at it as if in some way he could see his own reflection in it.

I stood on the porch, still watching. That was when I saw the tears.

The tears of anger.

Rage.

I could scent, feel, almost taste the pure unclouded feeling of bloodlust coming off of him.

He wanted to kill.

He wanted to rip apart the world in that moment as the world sat upon his shoulder, crushing him with its weight.

I stood upon the porch. Waiting.

Waiting for his order. I would kill for him. I would do anything for him.

He was my Alpha.

But he never gave me an order that day.